Physical Security Specialist
Join the CFO and Corporate Services team, where your skills and passion in security and risk management, facilities management, and health and safety will support the development, implementation and administration of the corporate physical security program. This full-time permanent role ensures that all CMHC facilities, offices, assets, information and personnel are effectively safeguarded in accordance with federal government policies, standards and codes. Responsible for regional mandate; supervises, directs and guides 30 guards (from an external service provider); overseeing Ottawa and all regional locations, and is expected to be on call 24-7.
Position is based in Ottawa, Ontario.
- Determining all CMHC's security requirements, physical security measures, security designs, hardware and procedures in the planning and negotiations of contracts, capital projects, relocations, lease negotiations, construction and renovation projects.
- Supervising, training, managing the day-to-day operations, and emergency responses of the security service provider at all CMCHC sites including addressing disciplinary and/or administrative issues, reviewing weekly schedules, etc..
- Ensuring all terms and conditions of the security contract are adhered to in terms of number of staff on site; providing proper training; reviewing daily logs; reviewing issues/incidents reported by or involving the guards; and reconciling time sheets to invoices for payment.
- Conducting Threat and Risk Assessments (TRA) for all CMHC work locations.
- Managing all security programming access points, perimeter doors as well as trouble shooting (24/7) when IT system failures occur.
- Ensuring CMHC employees, contractors, sub-contractors, and consultants are granted the appropriate access rights to fulfill their obligations/responsibilities.
- Maintaining a network of contacts with other government departments, industry, public sector and security establishments.
- Developing and delivering a physical security awareness program as well as advising the Senior Manager in the development and implementation of physical security directives and procedures.
- Enforcing the parking directives and issues contraventions when breaches have occurred.
- Post-Secondary education in Law, Justice, Corporate Security, IT Security, or in a related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience and increasing responsibilities, including at least two (2) years in a supervisory role (including supervising third party service providers) OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising security personnel and incident management.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and administrating a corporate physical security program.
- Demonstrated experience in handling complex and sensitive security requests and applications, such as CCTV cameras and security systems.
- Experience and knowledge of overseeing contract agreements and obligations.
- Thorough knowledge of government legislation, regulations, policies, procedures, standards and precedents relating to access to information and privacy considerations as it relates to physical security, biometrics and security system recordings.
- Knowledge of security and risk management trends/best practices, facilities management, health and safety and business continuity.
- Well-developed interpersonal and interviewing skills to elicit information of a personal or sensitive nature from individuals and ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Strong ability to manage time in periods of high volumes of work, to take independent action and to provide focused solutions.
- Strong analytical skills in order to assess the risks associated with complex physical security issues and to draw conclusions on which security measures are adequate under the circumstances.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare and deliver presentations, and to exchange information of a sensitive nature to a variety of audiences, including senior management.
- Completion of a Physical Security Professional (PSP) Certification.
- Demonstrated IT security work experience.
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
IMPORTANT NOTICE - MANDATORY COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS
CMHC has implemented vaccination requirements to align with Government of Canada mandatory vaccination measures for the federal public service.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for all CMHC employees, regardless of place of work (teleworking, working remotely or working on-site). CMHC's vaccination measures, as updated from time to time, are a term and condition of employment.
CMHC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated prior to their start date, and to attest their vaccination status as part of the onboarding process. If you are the selected candidate, and wish to request an exemption from CMHC's vaccination requirements on valid human rights-based grounds, you must do so at the offer stage as part of the recruitment process.
CMHC is an inclusive workplace where diversity of thought - and of people - are recognized, valued, and considered essential to achieving our aspiration .
We are committed to employment equity and actively encourage applications from women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, veterans and persons of all races, ethnicities, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions. We also welcome applications from non-Canadians who are eligible to work in Canada.
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Job Requisition ID: 7123
Language Designation: English Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ENG ZZZ
Minimum Base Salary: 77114.85
Travel Requirement: Occasional
Office Location: Ottawa (ON)