People Analytics and Workforce Planning Junior Analyst
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer unbiased housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations.
Bring your data analysis and reporting expertise to position in Ottawa.
This permanent full time position is an exceptional opportunity to become a member of the People Analytics and Workforce Planning team, where you will be responsible for reporting and data analysis requirements to satisfy business needs, including the operationalization of reports, dashboards / scorecards and development of KPIs. You will also be responsible presenting the information to stakeholders in a way that is clear and easily understood by the end user and providing support to the development of data driven insights to help identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Provides analytical and data support in the creation of analytical reports and identify potential recommendations based on the findings;
- Ensure data is accurate and valid through quality control checks;
- Streamlines and operationalizes data reporting as necessary; this includes developing KPI's, dashboards/scorecards and metrics;
- Provides technical expertise on statistical reporting tools and applications and identifies opportunities for the automation of functions/processes;
- Uses appropriate analytical tools to perform data mining in support of team initiatives and business needs;
- Contributes to data collection and the development of models utilizing several statistical methods;
- Identifies and develops performance measures and targets based on stakeholder needs;
- Maintain a centralized reporting system within the universe of corporate management and financial reports (internal and external) and scorecards;
- Monitors the overall data quality in related systems and resolves any issues to assure the integrity of the information;
- Identifies errors and new opportunities for data gathering to fill gaps in existing reporting and models and/or enhance reports /models in order to drive higher levels of performance throughout the organization;
- Perform research and analysis of industry standards, changes to guidelines and regulations that impact the provision of CMHC products, programs and/or services.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Mathematics or Statistics or a related field
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience in Data Analytics, Business Analytics, or a related domain
- Demonstrated expertise in standard Microsoft suite, SAS and other tools such as open source tools (R, Python) and data visualization (Power BI, tableau)
- Strong data analysis, data verification and problem-solving abilities
- Sound analytical skills with demonstrated ability to capture and synthesize information to develop recommendations and provide advice
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present complex ideas with clarity
- Degree in Human Resources management is an asset.
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytical Thinking/ Communications/ Decisiveness/ Efficiency / Maximizing Quality/ Teamwork
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan up to December 31, 2017
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan starting January 1, 2018
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on January 7, 2018, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance