Payroll and Pension Assistant
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada’s authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer unbiased housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations.
Bring your payroll and pension expertise and your attention to detail to this Payroll and Pension Assistant position in Ottawa
This permanent-full time position is an exceptional opportunity to become a member of the payroll team, where you will ensure that all employee and pensioner salary payments, benefits, and compensation related initiatives are accurately administered in compliance with Federal and Provincial legislation, and HR Management Guidelines and Procedures.
This position is taking part in a prototype of a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™). In this environment, we don't focus on when you work or where you work from. You will work closely with your supervisor to define your objectives and will receive regular feedback and coaching. Permission is not required to take care of your personal life during traditional working hours. You do your work when it makes sense for you and the business.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Support external providers who are administering outsourced Pension, Payroll, and Benefit operational services to clients.
- Analyze and review third-party transactions to ensure the integrity of the data input and output is accurate.
- Review CMHC's Payroll and edit verification function on a bi-weekly cycle, ensuring accuracy of all earning and deduction activities for both employees and pensioners.
- Prepare non standardized pay administration activities for processing by third parties or internally.
- Research, analyze and respond to verbal and written inquiries related to third party providers.
- Provide advice and guidance to clients as required on all payroll matters and basic pension financial transactions.
- To provide support, guidance and dissemination of related HR policy and guidelines to the HR community and external service providers.
- Verification of the integrity and update of records of the History File through the Third Party Provider solutions and internal system.
- Manage and maintain HR records including employee confidential files and ensure the accessibility and security of the documentation.
- Maintain knowledge of amendments to rules and regulations for Revenue Canada, Ministere du Revenu, CPP/QPP, Employment and Insurance (EI), hospital and group insurance rate changes, Granville Island collective agreement, and internal changes and/or initiatives in order to process manual calculations of a variety of payments.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values
- A College Diploma in Payroll Administration, Pension Administration, Business Administration or Human Resources and 3 years of relevant work experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Information gathering and analytical/evaluation skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of pension policy/administration and payroll policy/administration, knowledge of documentation for audit and Corporate records requirements, and knowledge of employment law and regulations, legislative issues and industry trends relating to Human Resources, pay and pension.
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft office, in particular Excel.
- Demonstrated experience working in an automated environment (use of Ceridian Dayforce, AON Pension Administration software, Lotus Notes, HR Information Systems).
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate problems and react quickly, to apply business systems solutions to operational activities.
- Attention to data integrity including data validation, quality assurance and confidentiality of information.
- A Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification or a Pension Plan Administration certificate would be considered as an asset.
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytical Thinking / Client Focus / Efficiency / Maximizing Quality / Teamwork / Relationship Building / Communication
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on February 16 2018, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance