Partner Management Analyst
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer objective housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your relationship building skills and your IT contract management reporting expertise to this Partner Management Analyst position in Ottawa.
Internal growth and operational needs have created one new temporary full-time position (2-year contract - with possibility of an extension) with Facilities and Information Technology (IT) services. As a member of the Partner Relationship Management and Operational Oversight team, you will be providing support for the ongoing management of various external partners. You will be supporting the development, management and implementation of processes related to facilities and technology partner management and assisting with the promotion of strategic working relationship that is outcome-focused.
The intent of this advertisement is to identify and assess qualified candidates to staff both current and future permanent and contract positions within the division. We invite both English and Bilingual (English and French) candidates to apply.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Assisting the Principal of Space Management Contracts on the delivery of large technology partner contracts that support CMHC's integrated business requirements.
- Ensuring that all partner products, services and related activities are delivered in accordance with CMHC's Risk Management Framework to mitigate reputational, financial and operational risk for CMHC.
- Communicating expectations related to ongoing facilities and office space partner management services, as required.
- Working with facilities and space management partners to ensure their day-to-day operations are aligned with CMHC requirements.
- Co-ordinating and preparing materials to support contract governance committees as per contract specifications.
- Supporting the Principal, Space Management Contracts, with the collection of space and purchasing data and documentation to support the liaison between the partner delivery team.
- Collaborating with other areas of Facilities and IT to ensure partners are effectively managed and contracts are fully leveraged and outcomes achieved.
- Co-ordinating and validating the process and workflows with Business Relationship and Portfolio Management to support the demand for partner services.
- Collecting and collating metrics to support the measurement of work performance and service quality of results of new or modified partner management arrangements.
- Gathering all required audit data from the partners in order to produce regular reports for quality measurement.
- Maintaining and reporting on issues listed in the Tracking Log to support the Senior Manager, Commercial Oversight, in addressing and managing issues regarding contract obligations with strategic partners.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- University degree in information technology, business management (accounting/finance), or in a related field with a minimum of one (1) year of relevant experience and increasing responsibilities within office space and facilities management OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in dealing directly with vendors in the delivery of service; including vendor performance reporting and evaluating statements of work.
- Demonstrated experience in the administration of governance activities associated with projects.
- Demonstrated experience in the production of reports to support monitoring of project performance.
- Demonstrated experience in collecting data and metrics to prepare reports and briefing materials to support decision making.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting research and financial analysis related to partner management.
- Proven experience with various computer applications and softwares (for example, MS Office Suite), more specifically MS Excel.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to negotiate and prepare various reports for management, business units, colleagues or partners.
- Strong ability to build and maintain client relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated organizational, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work in a high-activity/fast-paced environment while managing associated stress.
- High degree of flexibility, resourcefulness and interpersonal skills (tact, judgment, diplomacy, professionalism).
- Bilingualism (English and French) would be considered as an asset.
Forward Thinking/ Communicating Effectively/ Influencing with Impact/ Assessing and Managing Risk/ Meeting Client/ Stakeholder Needs/ Building Collaborative Relationships
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Various on-site amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 p.m. EDT on October 28 , 2018 , however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- Relocation assistance will not be available.
- Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
- A = Beginner Level
- B = Intermediate Level
- C = Advanced Level
- E = Exempt
- P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities