Officer, Project Coordination | Agent, Coordination de projet
Job Requisition ID: 3084
Primary Location: Ottawa , Ontario
Sector: People and Strategy
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): BBB
Salary Range: $53000 to $ 66250
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
Security Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: Travel not required Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer objective housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your organizational skills and your planning expertise to this Officer, Project Coordinator position in Ottawa.
As a member of the Project Management Office (PMO) team, you will be responsible for providing project monitoring support to Project Managers and effectively make use of project, program and portfolio management techniques. You will collaborate with Project Managers to arrange assignments, analyze key performance metrics, dependencies, risks and prepare project documentation in line with CMHC standards. The Project Coordinator maintains relationships supporting the successful integration of project and portfolio management methodologies. The Project Coordinator is an integral member of the PMO, and the project team; responsible for coordinating activities and assisting with the delivery of projects of varying size and complexity.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Keeping the Manager of the PMO, Project Managers and stakeholders informed about project status, and impact on other projects, client commitments and/or business outcomes.
- Liaising with colleagues in the PMO and partners to share leading practices, discuss challenges and identify dependencies, risks, issues, and provide advice and recommendations for resolution by the Project Manager.
- Assisting in the planning, preparation and creation of project teams.
- Planning, participating and facilitating client meetings and supporting the process to develop key project management deliverables.
- Managing project organization and preparing communication products, plans and charts.
- Preparing reports and writing briefing materials for the benefit of project sponsors, Steering Committees and/or Management Committees.
- Tracking that tasks against dependencies are taken into account.
- Decomposing tasks to timelines with project team members on behalf of the Project Manager.
- Using project scheduling and control tools to monitor course of project, project issues and overall project health.
- Tracking project milestones and deliverables to ensure they are being met within approved timelines.
- Applying analytics, processes and techniques in analyzing CMHC's PMO performance.
- Providing input to Project Managers and the Manager of the PMO in the development and maintenance of methodologies, processes, tools, templates and best practices.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Organizational Behavior, Human Resources, Psychology, or other relevant or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- A minimum of 2+ years of recent work experience as a Project Coordinator.
- Demonstrated experience in project tracking, monitoring and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in assisting in the development and on-going update of project management documentation and collateral.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting communications between project stakeholders to ensure clear understanding of the project and its status.
- Demonstrated experience creating project portfolio dashboard, preparing reports and briefing materials.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing various data and metrics with a view to identifying issues and risks.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, communication and stakeholder relations skills.
- Excellent oral &written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to simultaneously handle a large and diverse number of tasks and issues with tact, cooperation, and persistence.
- Ability to prioritize work activities to desired business goals.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies, standards and documentation
- Knowledge of MS Project, MS Word and MS Excel.
- PMP and/or Prosci certifications will be considered an asset.
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on December 21 2018 , however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- Your application must clearly demonstr ate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower salary range than is advertised for this position.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
- A = Beginner Level
- B = Intermediate Level
- C = Advanced Level
- E = Exempt
- P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities