Multi-Unit Professionals Program
In June of this year, we will be launching a new Multi-Unit Professionals Program, a talent recruitment and training program to attract, train and retain top talent and provide a unique career opportunity in multi-unit underwriting and real estate investment analysis.
Since the last two federal budgets and the announcement of the National Housing Strategy, a larger emphasis has been placed on rental housing and multi-unit insurance as part of our overall business.
Multi-unit underwriting is a highly specialized area, and there is a skills gap in the marketplace that needs to be filled. At the same time, we need to increase our internal capability in these areas in order to better advise government decision-makers and support the full spectrum of rental housing.
This will help reposition us as the Canadian expert and leader in multi-unit housing finance and risk management, and solidify our expertise in the creation and preservation of market and affordable rental units.
Starting with a 12-month training program, you will get exposure to the complete multi-unit mortgage life cycle and default management including policy interpretation, enabling you to learn firsthand about the various risks related to the housing market. At the end of the training, you will have gained the knowledge and skills you will need to continue on as a member of CMHC’s Multi-Unit Underwriting team.
CMHC:Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada’s authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer objective housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations.
The recent launch of Canada’s first-ever National Housing Strategy has made for an exciting time to be working at CMHC! This 10-year, $40-billion plan will strengthen our middle class, fuel our economy and give more Canadians across the country a place to call home. As a result, there is an increased emphasis on the importance of rental housing, so we are expanding our Multi-Unit Insurance team to help us deliver results.
You will be responsible for the analysis, decision making and administration related to the underwriting and servicing activities of mortgage loan insurance while focusing on risk mitigation, optimizing client service and achieving corporate objectives. You will also be responsible for providing superior quality service to enhance the corporate image while building strong business relationships with industry clients.
These permanent full time positions are exceptional opportunities for individuals who exhibit a high level of integrity, are solutions oriented, results driven and are passionate about the housing industry. In addition, CMHC’S diverse opportunities and locations across the country will enable you to advance and grow your skills, knowledge and career to match your evolving interests and experience as you move forward.
IS THIS YOU?
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, finance, real estate and/or one to two years of experience relating directly to underwriting and mortgage financing risk analysis. An equivalent combination of education and relevant experience will also be considered
- A creative thinker with strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated communication, interpersonal and listening skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Ability to work effectively independently, or as part of a team
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships through the application of excellent client service skills
- Contribute to a working environment where diversity is valued, respected and integrated
- Proficient using Microsoft applications
- Certified in Real Estate Finance (CRF), Accredited Appraiser Canadian Institute (AACI), Chartered Accountant (CA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Property Manager (CPM) or member of l'Ordre des évaluateurs agréés du Québec (OEAQ).
- Knowledge of appraisal, building technology, environment, market analysis, financial statement analysis, real estate law, property management and industry trends to be able to assess the degree of risk and make sound underwriting decisions would be considered as an asset.
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytical Thinking/ Communication/ Decisiveness/ Efficiency/ Maximizing Quality
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on March 11, 2018, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- To be eligible, you must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Candidates must meet the government’s required security requirements (Reliability Clearance).
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Some of these positions requires bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to read and write in your second official language at an intermediate level and to speak at an advanced level. Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test. http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/ouhipr/ouhipr_004.cfm
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Relocation assistance will not be offered.