Multi-Unit Financing Instructional Designer and Trainer Location anywhere in Canada
Sector: Client Solutions
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): BBB
Salary Range: $76087.66 to $95109.58
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
This position reports to the Capability Development team in our Office of the SVP, Client Solutions sector. This sector collaborates with our partners to solve housing affordability challenges.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. You will support the design, development and implementation of client facing and/or employee training. You will also support strategies and plans for business lines targeting specific topics based on external and/or internal client needs. You will coordinate related activities and stay up to date to provide advice to management. You will evaluate training outcomes, and conduct research to gather and provide best practice information, which contributes to the strategic direction for program areas. This will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
• Undergraduate degree in business administration, adult learning and training, marketing, communications or a related field.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in Real Estate Underwriting and Analysis (Multi-Unit 7+), Proficient understanding and application of Real Estate Financing parameters.
• Proficiency in the utilization of lending platform technologies and computer related skills.
• In-depth knowledge of all elements of new construction related to the development of Multi-Unit properties.
• Experienced Facilitator in the delivery of a variety of training modalities including classroom and virtual settings.
• Demonstrated understanding of the various default and servicing aspects related to Multi-Unit Financing.
• Proficient abilities in the identification and mitigation of Multi-Unit real estate risks.
• Demonstrated experience in researching and developing content for the purpose of information dissemination.
• Effective facilitation, "train the trainer" and negotiation skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to speak and write clearly and succinctly to inform a variety of audiences.
• Strong proficiency in technology and computer skills related to e-learning.
• Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing learning framework(s) or work plan(s), using learning and adult learning principles, methodologies and various types of technologies.
What you will be doing
Research, Development and Continuous Improvement
• Lead the design and delivery of new and existing learning and training materials for staff and external clients, including communications, training, functional guidance and monitoring.
• Lead the development and implementation of an effective national strategy to provide training to internal clients.
• Liaise internally to identify best practices and methodologies for meeting internal and external client needs and support CMHC's client relationship management activities.
• Consult with clients and managers to determine critical areas requiring learning resources and skills development.
• Ensure that learning materials and strategies meet or exceed industry standards suitable to CMHC's culture of a high performing organization.
• Ensure all learning materials address risk awareness and reinforce the implementation of a risk culture within areas of learning.
• Develop and implement methods for soliciting feedback on program effectiveness and develop improvements.
• Promote training capacity to external audiences through collateral and marketing tool development, external communications with external clients.
Monitoring, Guidance and Coaching
• Work with senior officials and in close collaboration with other business lines to further expand CMHC's reach within targeted organizations in order to complement other client relationship management strategies.
• Enhance CMHC’s competency through training on collateral and marketing tool development and collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop and implement a consistent approach to coaching.
• Develop a process to measure the effectiveness, usefulness and business impact of the various client training programs and initiatives and report results to senior management.
• Observe program delivery in real time to ensure training and resource material content is meeting client needs and that training delivery is meeting the standards that were communicated through training.
• Plan for specific training and information transfer initiatives that include execution through a variety of delivery channels and measurement of strategies and tactics.
• Establish and maintain key relationships with program area subject matter experts and internal and/or external stakeholders.
• Present strategic plans, training and other materials to internal audiences for approval and/or information purposes.
• Manage the development, implementation, negotiation and quality assurance of contracts with internal and external service providers.
• Influence relationship management strategies for internal client-facing positions ensuring that strategies and approaches are in alignment with corporate priorities, business line employee learning plans and client training programs.
• Understanding, influencing and/or serving people are important considerations in causing actions or acceptance by others.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: May 6, 2020 @ 11:59 pm EST (Note, the competition may remain active until filled)
Job Requisition ID: 4632
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Other Location(s): Anywhere in Canada
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Occasional
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
*If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.