Marketing and Communications Officer
Granville Island is administered by the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) on behalf of the Federal Government. The mission of CMHC with respect to Granville Island, is to maintain and foster Granville Island as a unique urban oasis in the heart of Vancouver, a place where visitors of all ages and income can meet, browse, explore and experience a variety of cultural, recreational, educational, commercial retail, arts and industrial activities on a year round basis.
- Effectively manage multimedia projects including concept development, production, and implementation.
- Supervise the advertising agency of record, contractors, content providers, and suppliers including setting priorities, project specifications, timelines and project budgets.
- Oversee the architecture and design of Granville Island websites and ensure ongoing content quality. Edit, write copy, make regular updates and control quality of all information and functionality of the site.
- Co-ordinate marketing, communications and media activities to support successful Granville Island cultural events.
- Work with the Manager, Public Affairs and Programming, to develop and execute communications strategies for planning and operational issues of interest to the public and on-island tenants.
- Oversee the Website & Social Media Coordinator position: leverage and optimize digital media within a variety of integrated existing and emerging marketing vehicles, including web, social media and public relations channels.
- Assist in creation of supporting communications collateral including news releases, event programs, and associated web content. Provide content for consumer lifestyle and travel media outlets and host media visits.
- Respond to media calls which are often of a sensitive and urgent nature. In the absence of the Manager, act as media spokesperson.
- Maintain day-to-day relationships with media relations contractors.
- Establish performance metrics and monitoring and reporting mechanisms to capture information, monitor results, and generate reports on the usefulness and effectiveness of communications and marketing activities.
- Lead the development and adherence to branding guidelines. Provide criteria and direction to ensure compliance with recommendations and best practices for content management. Ensure consistency in the delivery of Granville Island messaging and brand.
What We Are Looking For
- Minimum 5 (five) years of relevant experience and Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications or related discipline. Or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, developing and implementing communications and marketing strategies, plans and tactics as well as in developing a variety of communications products.
- Demonstrated experience in writing and editing communications and marketing plans and a variety of communications and marketing products
- Knowledge of current industry trends and technology and a willingness to stay abreast of changes through continuous learning.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including presentation skills
- Strong client management skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, In-Design, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Acrobat.
- Strong project management and organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and manage numerous projects concurrently.
- Knowledge and understanding of Granville Island's mission and history an asset.
- Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower salary range than is advertised for this position.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
- A = Beginner Level
- B = Intermediate Level
- C = Advanced Level
- E = Exempt
- P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities