Job Requisition ID: 3211
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Sector: Information Technology
Language Designation: English Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Salary Range: $62482 to $78102
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Occasional
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada’s authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer objective housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your service management expertise and your observational skills to this Senior Analyst position.
This permanent full-time position is an opportunity to join the dynamic Service Delivery team. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Service Delivery, the Senior Analyst will be responsible for executing IT and Facilities Service Management with a focus on strategic partner oversight, performance monitoring, continuous service improvement, client satisfaction, reporting and audit fulfilment.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Planning and conducting service and process reviews.
- Evaluating the performance and effectiveness of operational service management processes and IT general controls.
- Vetting and submitting time sensitive data in the context of audit activities that support regular examination of IT General Controls.
- In collaboration with 3rd party service providers, formulating, implementing, monitoring and consolidating evidence that supports the fulfilment of management action plans resulting from audit or performance observations.
- Participating in stakeholder meetings, representing performance results and gathering feedback to support service reviews and improvement initiatives.
- Innovating, Developing, implementing, maintaining and operating repeatable processes to support effective service delivery.
- Developing, implementing, reporting on and monitoring the performance of internal service level agreements.
- Supporting aspects of the partner management governance framework with a focus on issues management, action plan oversight and performance reporting.
- Overseeing the development, implementation and lifecycle management of service models designed and maintained by 3rd party technology service providers.
- Measuring performance impacts resulting from the implementation of agreed action plans.
- Supporting Continuous Service Improvement by implementing best practice based processes and monitoring methodologies.
- Managing issues and trends that contribute to degradation of service and defining mitigation plans in collaboration with service providers.
- Managing the service catalogue by ensuring user facing service offerings are clearly described and aligned to established business processes.
- Overseeing service introduction activities fulfilled by 3rd party service providers.
- Evaluating client satisfaction in the delivery of IT and Facilities services in order to develop priority based continuous improvement plans.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- University degree in Computer Science or in a related field with a minimum of five (5) years relevant experience and increasing responsibilities within Information Technology OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have ITIL v3 Foundations and one of:
- ITIL Intermediate - Operational Support and Analysis
- ITIL Intermediate - Continual Service Improvement
- Demonstrated experience in evaluating the performance and effectiveness of IT operational service management processes and IT general controls including remediation of audit observations.
- Demonstrated experience in development, implementing, monitoring and evolving service level agreements.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing and assessing results of continuous service improvement plans.
- Demonstrated experience in process design, business/systems solution design, and change management.
- Demonstrated experience in managing operational and delivery aspects of vendor relationships
- Demonstrated experience with various commercially available computer software and productivity suites including MS Power BI, ServiceNow and advanced use of MS Excel.
- In-depth knowledge of IT/Information Management industry trends, directions, governance and regulations
- In-depth knowledge of computing environments and the interrelationships of products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to succinctly convey complex technical information to management, business units, colleagues or partners.
- Strong ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous service improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload and to work under pressure in which priorities or technologies are changing rapidly.
- High proficiency interpersonal skills (tact, judgment, diplomacy, professionalism).
- Completion of an ITIL Expert Certificate
- Certified Information System Analyst (CISA) certification
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)*
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Various onsite amenities
- *ROWE involves a cultural shift away from managing people to managing work. Employees have full autonomy and accountability to choose when and where to work in order to be efficient, effective, and achieve results.
This job posting will remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower salary range than is advertised for this position.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
- A = Beginner Level
- B = Intermediate Level
- C = Advanced Level
- E = Exempt
- P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities