Fixed Income Investment Officer
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) is the heart of a world leading housing system that is making a difference for Canadians every day by helping them meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, CMHC works with a variety of stakeholders to help ensure that the Canadian housing system remains one of the best in the world. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your in-depth analytical and communication skills as well as your fixed income investment expertise to this Investment Officer position in Ottawa.
This is an exciting full-time permanent opportunity within the Investments team of Capital Markets Division where you will be providing substantive analytical, research and reporting capabilities to the Senior Investment Manager, Fixed Income. You will be accountable for providing support and critical assistance to achieving maximum investment returns in accordance with established policies and objectives, and you will also be expected to contribute to the development and implementation of new strategies, techniques and instruments that support ongoing activities. You will provide diligent, rigorous and initiative-driven analysis that effectively scopes out the impact, consequences, problems, and causes related to the above.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Performing thorough quantitative analysis by incorporating the risks and returns of fixed income and money market asset classes.
- Monitoring the credit quality of issuers from various sectors to identify potential investment opportunities and/or risks to the investment portfolios.
- Completing projections of impacts of investment strategies on risks and returns.
- Researching issues related to implementing new strategies and instruments including policies, risks, legal, tax, accounting, processing and technology.
- Recommending the selection of researched investment products and derivatives to senior team members for transactions.
- Researching and tracking the performance of fixed income and money market asset classes.
- Reviewing, verifying and attributing changes in the valuation of activities/portfolios.
- Preparing and interpreting daily and weekly statistical reports and other supporting details concerning the transactions, positions, risks and returns of activities/portfolios.
- Synthesizing documents, presenting findings and information from a variety of sources.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or in a related field of study with a minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated experience in performing analysis of fixed income and money market asset classes.
- Demonstrated experience in modeling and assessing investing and risk management strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in corporate credit analysis.
- Demonstrated project management work experience.
- Demonstrated experience working in a sophisticated technological environment, using such tools as MS Office, spreadsheets, databases, Wallstreet, Bloomberg and Financial Analysis Systems.
- Sound knowledge of investing principles and the concept of Fixed Income.
- Sound understanding of the economic environment and its impacts on investments.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to details.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral), including the ability to speak and write clearly and succinctly to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to manage and prioritize concurrent demands.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team to achieve common goals.
- A Master's degree in the fields noted above and/or
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or other relevant licence, designation or certificate.
- Comprehensive awareness of the Corporation's investment mandates and the regulatory environment of the Insurance and Securitization, Investment Portfolios and the Pension Fund.
- Bilingualism (English and French).
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytical Thinking/ Communication (Presenting and Influencing)/ Flexibility/ Maximizing Quality/ Teamwork
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) on February 19, 2018, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.