CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer unbiased housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations.
Bring your analytical skills and your Evaluation expertise to this Evaluator position in Ottawa.
As a member of the Program Evaluation team, you will assist in the periodic evaluation of the relevance and effectiveness of CMHC's housing policies, programs and initiatives. The Program Evaluator/Analyst also carries out research and analysis to support the provision of relevant, objective, timely and well documented findings, conclusions and recommendations about whether to confirm, discontinue or modify those policies, programs and initiatives to the President and Senior Management.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Developing basic evaluability assessments (EAs), evaluation options analysis (EOA), and evaluation plans (EPs) by undertaking studies on key aspects or sections of evaluability assessments such as the identification of need and appetite for evaluating a certain sector or program, evaluation issues, possible scope, methods, and options and preparing related sections of evaluability assessments.
- Preparing sections of evaluation plans including program profiles, evaluation purposes and scope, evaluation methodology and limitations, evaluation work plan, and evaluation matrix.
- Supporting group discussions with program staff and others, exchanging and/or obtaining information from clients and stakeholders.
- Participating in the facilitation of group discussions aimed at developing logic models identifying and aligning program activities, outputs and outcomes for programs that could be evaluated.
- Providing input to senior colleagues and the Director, Evaluation with regard to the recommendations, through the MC submissions process, of evaluation approaches.
- Carrying out evaluation studies under the direction of senior colleagues by;
- Conducting studies and preparing reports on specific aspects of evaluation studies, including sampling, survey design, data collection, analysis, and the formulation of conclusions and recommendations based on the evidence gathered.
- Assisting in the management of external contracts for data collection and analysis by preparing terms of reference for the evaluation study and the contractor procurement process.
- Developing and maintain relationships with other CMHC sectors, provincial and territorial housing organizations and client representative groups as required and organizing and supporting advisory and steering committees, participating in the facilitated discussions and meetings and reporting on the results of these committee discussions.
- Collecting and analysing information on evaluation issues.
- Providing input into draft evaluation study reports or draft management action plans.
- Preparing correspondence, memoranda, briefing notes, etc., associated with the work of Program Evaluation.
- Preparing or assisting in the preparation of reporting related to Program Evaluation.
- Responding to special requests for advice and support from Senior Management and other CMHC sectors, principally the Policy, Research and Public Affairs Sector, and Operations.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in Evaluation, Audit, Management, Economics, Sociology or Statistics with a minimum three (3) years' experience or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Relevant professional designation (CE, CIA, CA, CPA, CRM, FRM or Similar) considered an asset.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Demonstrated experience developing recommendations to senior management, the Board of Directors and or Ministers.
- Demonstrated experience developing collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and providing advice on evaluation to stakeholders.
- Superior analytical skills with demonstrated ability to capture and synthesize information to develop strategic evaluation plans and reports and make linkages between performance measures and outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, setting and managing changing priorities and carrying out concurrent projects.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Apply tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive issues.
- Ability to use appropriate data management and analytical software packages.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of CMHC's mandate, it's business objectives, its policies, programs and products, its major interdependencies and its regulatory framework.
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytical Thinking/ Commitment to Official Languages/ Communication (Presenting and Influencing)/ Efficiency/ Focus on Results/ Teamwork/ Political and Cultural Sensitivities
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on February 2nd, 2018, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- This position requires bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to read, understand and speak in your second official language at an advanced level and to write in your second official language at an intermediate level. Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test. https://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/upload/guide-second-laguage-proficiency-tests.pdf
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Secret Clearance
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.