Job Requisition ID: 3080
Primary Location: Montreal , Quebec
Sector: Policy and Research
Language Designation: French Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Salary Range: $36387 to $ 45484
Position Status: Casual
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Limited Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer objective housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Casual Enumerator - Vaudreuil-Soulanges & Salaberry-de-Valleyfield
Position in French
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Bring your research and data collection skills to this part-time casual enumerator position, five days a month (30-35 hours per month) , for the Vaudreuil area. The region of Salaberry-de-Valleyfield is added on a quaterly basis (Around 7 hours)
We are looking for candidates with research, data collection, and telephone, oral and written communication skills for our monthly Starts and Completions Survey (SCS) and Market Absorption Survey (MAS).
Time frame: Monthly, 5 days a month (30-35 hours per month)
As an enumerator, you will collect data on a monthly basis related to housing starts, demolitions, conversions, completions, and new home sales and prices within your assigned geographic territory.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Working with the Surveys team to ensure the ongoing achievement of Market Analysis Centre (MAC) goals for collecting quality survey data within tight deadlines.
- Collecting new residential construction data in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance with CMHC standards, within your assigned geographic territory.
- Visiting construction sites and sales offices and contacting developers, builders and municipalities in order to gather required information.
- Building and maintaining professional rapport in all your interactions.
- Organizing your work to optimize travel and ensure efficient data collection within tight deadlines.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- High school diploma.
- Relevant experience in field data collection or survey-based research is an asset.
- Experience in the real estate and/or construction industry is an asset.
- General knowledge of survey procedures and data quality techniques.
- Strong written, oral and telephone communication, interpersonal and networking skills.
- High degree of accuracy and propensity for detail, and ability to follow highly detailed instructions.
- Strong organizational skills, particularly the ability to organize and accurately record a high volume of data efficiently.
- High level of independence, flexibility and proactive attitude.
- Very good knowledge of assigned geographic territory, and ability to plan routes and read and follow maps.
- Knowledge of email applications, and ability to perform internet searches and work with spreadsheets (Excel).
Client Focus / Innovation / Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Additional requirements and information
- Ability to manage flexible work hours, including some weekends.
- Valid driver's licence, access to a reliable vehicle and insurance for $1,000,000 public liability and property damage, as this position requires some travel (mostly site visits).
- Access to a computer and the internet at home.
- Eligibility for security clearance.
- Training will be provided.
- Kilometre rates will be paid for travel in your assigned territory.
- You must attend the annual enumerators' meeting in Montréal once a year (May or June).
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Various onsite amenities
- Your application must clearly demonstr ate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
- A = Beginner Level
- B = Intermediate Level
- C = Advanced Level
- E = Exempt
- P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities