Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada’s authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer unbiased housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations.
Do you know someone who would be interested?
CMHC is currently seeking Enumerators for its surveys (contract positions) for terms of three to four weeks
As part of its activities, CMHC conducts various telephone surveys every year. Under the responsibility of the Administrator, Surveys, the enumerator must contact rental and condominium property owners and managers with properties in the Prairie Region by telephone, in order to collect information on these properties (for example, number of units, number of unoccupied units, rent amounts, and services included in the rents).
Advantages of working as an enumerator at CMHC:
- Competitive hourly wage
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home in Vancouver, Victoria, Nanaimo, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Regina, Winnipeg and other areas surrounding these main cities.
Candidates must have a phone plan
Working period: From August 15, 2018 to October 31, 2018 with the possibility of an extension
Flexible schedule: Weekdays and Weekends where required, representing from 20 to 85 hours of work for the term.
Depending on the area to be covered, an enumerator could have to contact between 100 and 300 owners. During and at the end of the data collection, the enumerator must fill out and return the survey forms to the Calgary office. Deadlines for submissions will be provided.
- High school diploma.
- Superior interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong experience in client service and/or telephone surveys.
- Independent, initiative and strong organizational skills, in addition to being reliable and punctual.
- Internet search skills, and access to a home computer which is connected to the internet
- In some cases, a valid driver’s licence and $1million liability insurance are required
Language requirement: English required, French bilingualism is an asset.
Other requirement: Given the strict confidentiality of the data collected by enumerators, successful candidates will be subject to a security screening prior to being hired (security requirement: reliability status).
Salary: $18.66 to $23.33 per hour.
Vacation pay is a percent based on years of service.
- Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
- A = Beginner Level
- B = Intermediate Level
- C = Advanced Level
- E = Exempt
- P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities