Enumerator (Various Locations In BC and YT)
Job Requisition ID: 3427
Primary Location: Vancouver , British Columbia
Other Location(s): North Vancouver, Whitehorse YT, Chilliwack BC
Sector: Policy and Research
Language Designation: English Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Salary Range: $18.66 to $ 23.33
Position Status: Casual
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Occasional
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer objective housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
1 vacancy for each of the following work locations:
- Richmond/Delta BC from June 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020 (Hours - QUARTERLY Mar, Jun, Sept and Dec 20 hours each month )
- North Vancouver BC from May 1, March 31, 2020 (Hours - approx. 50/month)
- Whitehorse YT from June 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020 (Hours - QUARTERLY Mar, Jun, Sept and Dec 20 hours each month )
- Vancouver City Centre BC from May 1, March 31, 2020 (Hours - approx. 50/month)
- Chilliwack BC from May 1, March 31, 2020 (Hours - approx. 50/month)
- Working with the Survey Administrator and other enumerators to ensure the on-going achievement of Market Analysis Centers (MAC) goals for collecting high quality survey data within tight monthly deadlines
- Collecting housing market data in a timely and accurate manner within your assigned geographic territory
- Visiting construction sites and sales offices in order to gather required information
- Building and maintaining professional rapport in all your interactions
- Organizing your work to ensure that you deliver quality work within tight deadlines
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma.
- Related experience in field data collection or survey-based research and/or data entry is an asset
- Past experience with telephone interviewing, particularly making outbound calls, is considered an asset
- Related experience in the property management and/or real estate industry is deemed an asset
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of survey procedures and data quality techniques
- Strong written communication, oral communication, personal organization and client liaison skills
- Strong numerical aptitude with a high degree of accuracy and a propensity for detail
- Proficiency using computer software tools such as email, spreadsheets and word processors
- Strong organizational skills, particularly the ability to organize and accurately record a high volume of data efficiently
- Familiar with geography in your assigned territory and ability to plan routes and read/follow maps
- Ability to follow very detailed instructions
- Ability to manage flexible work hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- A valid driver's license may be required and, if so, access to a reliable vehicle and insurance for $1,000,000 public liability and property damage would be required to complete some travel (mostly site visits)
- Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
- A = Beginner Level
- B = Intermediate Level
- C = Advanced Level
- E = Exempt
- P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities