Enumerator (Red Deer)
Sector: Information Technology
Language Designation: English Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Salary Range: $18.94 to $23.67
Position Status: Casual
We're not your typical government agency Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We're mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
About the role
We're constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. Bring your research and data collection skills to work on CMHC surveys this fall on a casual contract basis for up to 37.5 hours a week as required from August 12 up to October 31, 2019 (this includes a training period). Your expertise in research, computer-assisted data collection, and telephone, oral and written communication skills will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
As an enumerator, you will collect data on rents and vacancies for 2 high profile CMHC surveys. These casual positions are exceptional opportunities for an organized and detail-oriented person to achieve his/her professional goals, while creating a sustainable organization that is at the heart of a world leading housing system. Our diverse opportunities and locations across the country enable you to advance and grow your skills, knowledge and career to match your evolving interests and experience.
There are currently 2 vacancies for Red Deer region's surveys.
What you will need
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma.
- Related experience in field data collection or survey-based research and/or data entry is an asset
- Past experience with computer-assisted data collection is considered an asset
- Past experience with telephone interviewing, particularly making outbound calls, is considered an asset
- Related experience in the property management and/or real estate industry is deemed an asset
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of survey procedures and data quality techniques
- Strong written communication, oral communication, personal organization and client liaison skills
- Strong numerical aptitude with a high degree of accuracy and a propensity for detail
- Proficiency using computer software tools such as email and data entry databases, excel skills are required
- Strong organizational skills, particularly the ability to organize and accurately record a high volume of data efficiently
- Ability to follow very detailed instructions
What you will be doing
- Working with the Survey Administrator and other enumerators to ensure the on-going achievement of Market Analysis Centers (MAC) goals for collecting high quality survey data within tight deadlines
- Collecting housing market data in a timely and accurate manner
- Building and maintaining professional rapport in all your interactions
- Organizing your work to ensure that you deliver quality work within tight deadlines
Additional requirements and information
- Eligibility for security clearance.
- Preference will be given to those with strong computer skills.
- Training will be provided.
Does this sound like you?
Click the "apply now" button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We're excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: July 31, @ 11:59 pm EST (Note, the competition may remain active until filled)
Job Requisition ID: 3686
Primary Location: Alberta, Red Deer
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Occasional
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Diversity CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
* If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.