Enumerator (Cape Breton)
Sector: Information Technology
Language Designation: English Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Salary Range: $36933.01 to $46166.26
Position Status: Casual
About the role Bring your research and data collection skills to this part-time casual enumerator position for the Cape Breton Island and surrounding area. We are looking for candidates with research, data collection, oral and written communication skills for our monthly Starts and Completions Survey (SCS) and Market Absorption Survey (MAS).
Hours of work: 20 - 30 hours per month, approximately 4 - 5 days of work per month.
As an enumerator, you will visit clients and partners of CMHC to collect data on a monthly basis related to housing starts, demolitions, conversions, completions, and new home sales and prices within your assigned geographic territory.
This casual, part-time position is an exceptional opportunity for an organized and detail-oriented person to achieve his/her professional goals, while creating a sustainable organization that is at the heart of a world leading housing system. Our diverse opportunities and locations across the country enable you to advance and grow your skills, knowledge and career to match your evolving interests and experience.
What you will be doing
- Working with the Surveys team to ensure the ongoing achievement of the Data sector's goals for collecting quality survey data within tight deadlines.
- Collecting new residential construction data in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance with CMHC standards, within your assigned geographic territory.
- Visiting construction sites and sales offices and contacting developers, builders and municipalities in order to gather required information.
- Building and maintaining professional rapport in all your interactions.
- Organizing your work to optimize travel and ensure efficient data collection within tight deadlines.
What you will need
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- High school diploma.
- Relevant experience in field data collection or survey-based research is an asset.
- Experience in the real estate and/or construction industry is an asset.
- General knowledge of survey procedures and data quality techniques.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Strong written, oral and telephone communication, interpersonal and networking skills.
- High degree of accuracy and propensity for detail, and ability to follow highly detailed instructions.
- Strong organizational skills, particularly the ability to organize and accurately record a high volume of data efficiently.
- High level of independence, flexibility and proactive attitude.
- Very good knowledge of assigned geographic territory, and ability to plan routes and read and follow maps.
- Knowledge of email applications, Skype, ability to perform internet searches, and work with spreadsheets (Excel).
Additional requirements and information
- Ability to manage flexible work hours, including some weekends.
- Valid driver's licence, access to a reliable vehicle and insurance for $1,000,000 public liability and property damage, as this position requires some travel (mostly site visits).
- Access to a computer and the internet at home and cell phone for while on the road.
- Eligibility for security clearance.
- Training will be provided.
- Kilometre rates will be paid for travel in your assigned territory.
Does this sound like you? Click the "apply now" button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We're excited to hear from you!
Job Requisition ID: 4214
Primary Location: Halifax , Nova Scotia
Other Location(s): Cape Breton
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Frequent