Enterprise Risk Management Analyst
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer unbiased housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations.
Bring your coordination, analysis and communication skills along with your reporting expertise to this Analyst position in Ottawa.
We are currently looking to fill a permanent full-time opening on the Enterprise Modelling team (within the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) Sector). As the Enterprise Risk Management Analyst, your role will consist of supporting CMHC's enterprise modelling team in developing and maintaining model documentation and related materials, including knowledge transfer and training materials to facilitate the use of models by stakeholders from across CMHC.
How you will be contributing:
- Administering the team's model inventory by ensuring it is always accurate and appropriately documented.
- Drafting or reviewing technical model documentation and related materials.
- Supporting senior team members in the collection, analysis and synthesis of information from diverse sources, and the communication of results.
- Liaising with the Model Validation team to obtain status updates on validation activities of the models.
- Managing ad-hoc information requests from internal (e.g. Senior Management and Business Lines) and external (e.g. OSFI) stakeholders.
- Identifying and recommending training topics and knowledge transfer opportunities for model users by leveraging from team's expertise.
- Supporting the planning and delivery of knowledge transfer activities to support model users (such as PowerPoint presentations). This may include collaborating with a variety of corporate partners to identify gaps and opportunities as well as recommending enhanced solutions.
- Supporting the coordination and implementation of knowledge transfer activities related to the models (e.g. training calendars, communication materials, reports).
- Building and maintaining close working relationships with a number of internal teams including Model Validation, Finance, Actuarial, HR Training and other subject matter experts.
- Assisting with any other assigned model governance tasks or responsibilities as required.
What we are looking for:
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Finance, Business Administration, Economics,
- Mathematical Science or in a related field with a minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience in a related role. An equivalent combination of related education and work experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated experience in developing/coordinating/implementing training activities or tools.
- Demonstrated experience in writing, editing and/or conveying complex information that is subject to interpretation.
- Demonstrated experience in creating presentations and reports for various audiences.
- Familiarity with quantitative analytical techniques commonly used by financial institutions.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize complex information.
- High level organizational skills and ability to manage several ongoing projects at once with sometimes challenging timelines.
- Proficiency in using MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels.
- Knowledge of CMHC's business lines, mandate and objectives.
- Demonstrated experience and/or knowledge of
- operational risk management and industry best practices.
- Bilingualism (English and French).
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytical Thinking/ Communication (Presenting and Influencing)/ Efficiency/ Flexibility/ Focus on Results/ Learning and Growth/ Teamwork
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on January 22, 2018, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Please note that the official internal job title for this position is Analyst, Documentation and Reporting.
- Candidates must be eligible for Secret Clearance.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for other related vacancies at CMHC.
- As part of our commitment to create an inclusive workforce which reflects our society, we are recruiting people from all backgrounds, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and Aboriginal peoples.