CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) is the heart of a world-leading housing system that is making a difference for Canadians every day by helping them meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, CMHC works with a variety of stakeholders to help ensure that the Canadian housing system remains one of the best in the world. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your analytical abilities, economic knowledge and communication skills to this Economist position in Ottawa.
As a member of the Market Analysis Centre, you will undertake regular and timely housing market analysis to meet the needs of the Corporation's internal and external clients in order to allow for the earliest possible identification of positive or negative impacts to CMHC activities.
This full-time permanent position is an exceptional opportunity for a team player with excellent analytical skills and an interest in the housing sector to achieve his or her professional goals, while creating a sustainable organization that is at the heart of a world-leading housing system. Our diverse opportunities and locations across the country enable you to advance and grow your skills, knowledge and career to match your evolving interests and experience.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Conducting analysis of and applying econometric forecasting methods to housing market conditions and trends.
- Communicating analysis to a wide-range of internal and external clients through multiple channels, including to the national and field offices of CMHC.
- Consulting and liaising with internal and external stakeholders to exchange information, as well as presenting market analysis and forecasts to them.
- Analyzing client feedback on a regular basis, providing information and analyses such that clients' needs are not only met but exceeded.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values
- A graduate degree in economics
- Experience of time-series econometric methods would be asset
- Understanding of the linkage between housing markets and real economy.
- Strong communication and writing skills, including the ability to speak and write clearly and succinctly, and tailor the settings and styles to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of computer applications, including spreadsheet and presentation software packages; knowledge of economic software such as Eviews is an asset
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytical Thinking/ / Commitment to Official Languages/ Communication (Presenting and Influencing)/ Focus on results/ Maximizing Quality/ / Teamwork
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities (recreation club, gym, on-site daycare)
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EDT on October 22, 2017, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Secret Clearance
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.