Community of Practice Lead
Sector: Information Technology
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): CBC
Salary Range: $89823,44 to $112279,3
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
About the role
Under the leadership of the Director, Analytics, the Community of Practice (CoP) Lead is responsible for developing, implementing and leading the Analytics Community of Practice. The incumbent in this position will be responsible for providing strategy, planning, implementation, monitoring and learning for the community of practice.
What you will need
- University Degree in a business administration, commerce, or related field combined with demonstrated experience in leading others through change or managing communities of practice OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to foster inclusive and innovative working environments and ability to build strong relationships with analytic/ quantitative resources.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to cope with change and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills (written, verbal and cross-cultural communication skills), including the ability to speak and write clearly and succinctly in a variety of settings and styles as well as communicating messages that have the desired effect.
- Deep interest and aptitude in data, knowledge of a variety of business intelligence tools and techniques as well as solid understanding of open source tools (e.g. R, python), data preparation tools and techniques (e.g. alteryx, Power BI).
- Familiarity with Analytic Platforms (e.g AIP), Hadoop environments and use of discovery zones or sandboxes.
- Ability to drive next generation technologies (e.g. Artificial intelligence / machine learning including Robotics, chatbots, etc.).
- Demonstrated negotiation, influencing and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand issues at a detail level and forecast impacts of change.
What you will be doing
- Lead the development and execution of short, medium and long term tactics for the implementation of the community as well as the continuous improvement and engagement.
- Coach members with a view to obtaining certifications, accreditations and/ or other items that are relevant and desirable for their roles and responsibilities.
- Lead the development and implementation of gamification in the communities (Analytics and Artificial Intelligence (AI)).
- Lead communication forums with key stakeholders across varying management levels to support the prioritization of analytics use cases and requests.
- Lead the implementation of personas within the community as well as develops cases to showcase career pathing opportunities within the community and the company.
- Liaise between the community, business lines and IT to promote dialogue about experiences and sound management practices.
- Develop and rolls out the communication plan, including development of the community site, launch, gather and promotion of members achievements, provide space to showcase work completed, identify and publish relevant articles, ted talks, etc., provide space for IT governance updates and introduce new tools to the community.
- Provide updates on progress including sharing best practices and success stories.
- Apply change management techniques to introduce and maintain engagement in the community.
- Define the community governance and coordinates cadence of meetings with the community, including development of agendas, creating and collecting materials and managing presenters (as applicable).
- Important - Understanding, influencing and/or serving people are important considerations in causing actions or acceptance by others
Kindly provide a cover note with clear examples of how you think your experience fits the job outline?
We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: June 15, 2019 @ 11:59 pm EST (Note, the competition may remain active until filled)
Job Requisition ID: 3546
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Occasional
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities