Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada’s authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer objective housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your analytical skills and your technical expertise to this Clerk, Surveys.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES as a Clerk, Surveys will involve:
Collects and validates a wide range of statistical data on housing used to meet CMHC’s business needs. Provides a range of support to the market survey function; work may involve some analytical components.
Survey Data Collection and Quality Assurance
- Ensure the timely and accurate data entry of housing data for survey purposes.
- Conduct specific components of surveys and perform related administrative tasks.
- Support collection, data entry, quality check and reviews for the surveys.
- Produce the required data reports and validation reports for the different surveys.
Planning and Supporting
- Assist in coordinating workflow of surveys to maintain efficiencies and ensure deadlines are respected.
- Provide a range of support to the market survey function.
- Provide functional guidance and assist in the training of new clerks and enumerators.
- Participate in enhancing internal efficiencies by providing input on collection methods and facilitating the implementation of changes to surveys methodology and/or data collection methods.
- Compile information in response to requests from other internal survey analysts and administrators on an occasional basis.
YOUR PROFILE as a Clerk, Surveys
Education and experience
- Post-secondary education.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum of two years of prior relevant experience.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Research and analytical skills.
- Practical knowledge of survey techniques.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Attention to detail.
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. Please note however, that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
The deadline for submitting your application is 11:59 pm ET on March 1 , 2019.
- Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower salary range than is advertised for this position.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
- A = Beginner Level
- B = Intermediate Level
- C = Advanced Level
- E = Exempt
- P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities