Job Requisition ID: 3123
Primary Location: Montreal , Quebec
Sector: Policy and Research
Language Designation: French Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Salary Range: $36387 to $ 45484
Position Status: Casual
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Limited Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer objective housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your communication skills and your data entry expertise to this position in Montreal and gain experience in the Housing Market and Indicators (HMI). As a member of the Housing Market and Indicators Data team, you will be responsible for providing a range of support to the survey team. This casual part-time position (4 days per week) is an opportunity for a detailed oriented individual to expand his or her career within Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC), an organization where you are valued and respected, recognized for your contributions and that is committed to providing a work environment where you are inspired to make a difference.
How You Will Be Contributing
• Entering accurate housing data to meet monthly deadlines in HMI Information Systems.
• Preparing work for contract enumerators conducting HMI’ Surveys, including printing survey cards for each municipal area and ensuring work is separated and delivered to each enumerator.
• Conducting follow-ups with municipalities to ensure that building permits are received within set deadlines, as well as verifying and entering building permits data into HMI Information Systems.
• Assisting in the verification of survey data entered into HMI Information Systems, using a variety of reports or referencing diverse information sources and databases.
• Collecting and recording detailed information (including sales) from builders and real estate agents related to market absorption into HMI Information Systems.
• Updates portfolios of property management firms and acquires rent roll information.
• Proactively researching and identifying residential development projects throughout various information sources (eg, media, web, etc.).
• Reviews existing processes and proposes improvements and more efficient methods.
• Confirming information collected on rental market survey cards, selected randomly, through phone calls.
• Compiling information in response to requests from CMHC’s Market Analysts, other CMHC staff, and the public, as assigned.
What We Are Looking For
• A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
• Secondary School Diploma with experience in providing clerical and administrative support or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated experience in data entry and collection.
• Knowledge of concepts and procedures involved in data entry and collection.
• Knowledge of the geographical composition of the Quebec Region.
• Ability to organize and enter high volume of data accurately and efficiently (at least 50 wpm; 9500 kph would be an asset).
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated mainframe and microcomputer skills; intermediate Excel skills, as well as basic programming, e.g. SAS and systems development skills an asset.
• Ability to build and maintain client relationships, recognize opportunities for improvement and contribute to a working environment where diversity is valued, respected and integrated.
• Valid driver licence
- Your application must clearly demonstr ate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower salary range than is advertised for this position.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
- A = Beginner Level
- B = Intermediate Level
- C = Advanced Level
- E = Exempt
- P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities