Clerk, Surveys | Commis aux enquêtes
Sector: Policy and Innovation
Language Designation: French Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Salary Range: $36933.01 to $46166.26
Position Status: Casual
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. Your experience with data entry and attention to detail will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
As a member of the Market Analysis team, you will be responsible for providing a range of support to the market analysis survey function.
This full time casual contract is an exceptional opportunity for a detailed oriented individual to expand his or her career within Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC), an organization where you are valued and respected, recognized for your contributions and that is committed to providing a work environment where you are inspired to make a difference.
What you will need
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- Secondary School Diploma with experience in providing clerical and administrative support or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in data entry and collection.
- Knowledge of concepts and procedures involved in data entry and collection.
- Knowledge of the geographical composition of the Montreal Region
- Ability to organize and enter high volume of data accurately and efficiently (at least 50 wpm; 9500 kph would be an asset).
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated mainframe and microcomputer skills; advanced Excel skills. Basic programming, e.g. SAS and systems development skills an asset.
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships, recognize opportunities for improvement and contribute to a working environment where diversity is valued respected and integrated.
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence.
What you will be doing
- Entering accurate housing data to meet monthly deadlines in MAC’s Information Systems.
- Preparing work for contract enumerators conducting MAC’S Surveys, including printing survey cards for each municipal area and ensuring work is separated and delivered to each enumerator.
- Conducting follow-ups with municipalities to ensure that building permits are received within set deadlines, as well as verifying and entering building permits data into MAC’s Information Systems.
- Assisting in the verification of survey data entered into MAC’s Information Systems, using a variety of reports or referencing diverse information sources and databases.
- Collecting and recording detailed information (including sales) from builders and real estate agents related to market absorption into MAC’s Information Systems.
- Updates portfolios of property management firms and acquires rent roll information.
- Proactively researching and identifying residential development projects throughout various information sources (eg, media, web, etc.).
- Reviews existing processes and proposes improvements and more efficient methods.
- Confirming information collected on rental market survey cards, selected randomly, through phone calls.
- Compiling information in response to requests from CMHC’s Market Analysts, other CMHC staff, and the public, as assigned.
- Visiting, if required, construction sites and sales offices in order to complete information on starts, completions and absorptions of residential units
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: August 16th, 2019 @ 11:59 pm EST (Note, the competition may remain active until filled)
Job Requisition ID: 3892
Primary Location: Montreal, Quebec
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
*If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.