CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer unbiased housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations.
Bring your analytical and organizational skills to this Business Analyst position in Ottawa.
As part of our ongoing commitment to learning and growth , join our Insurance Strategy Management Team for this temporary 12-month position. This is an exceptional opportunity to become part of our team where you will work in the area of information management and learn about the different divisions within insurance.
As a business analyst you will organize, retrieve, analyse and maintain a comprehensive suite of policy information related documentation. You will continuously monitor the internal operating environment with respect to the development of or modification of information, guidelines, and practices related to policy, assessing and addressing impacts. As a first point of contact for internal stakeholders, your role will facilitate coordination and compliance to program criteria and/or operational guidelines.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Maintaining a comprehensive and up-to-date centralized repository all Insurance policy documents and derivatives.
- Coordinating with subject matter experts and stakeholders on the development of Advices and Communiqués to Approved Lenders and corresponding updating of policy documents and derivatives.
- Assessing the impacts of proposals for policy changes and clarifications on other policy documents and derivatives.
- Performing concordance checks for proposed policy documents, including terminology and translation.
- Establishing and ensuring appropriate processes are adhered to and approvals obtained.
- Maintaining corporate records of all policy documents and record of decisions.
- Developing subject matter expertise in CMHC's Policy of Insurance across all business lines.
- Assisting business lines with the development and maintenance of sector guidelines and procedures.
- Obtaining input from stakeholders and employing analytical techniques to assist with the development of an information management strategy for the sector (in line with Corporate direction)
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values;
- A University degree preferably in business, law, or information and technology and a minimum of three years of related experience, or a combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience in mortgage lending, servicing and/or underwriting would be an asset.
- Strong knowledge of database and analytical tools, including an understanding of Microsoft suite products.
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated ability in understanding of a range of work procedures and their impact on internal and external work areas for Business Continuity.
- Sound analytical skills with demonstrated ability to capture and synthesize information to develop recommendations and provide advice.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to prepare briefing notes.
- Requires the ability to write and/or edit to convey information that is subject to interpretation. This level of writing requires reasoning and analysis before information can be composed or edited.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently on projects involving development/improvement of policies, services, processes and/or systems;
- High level of organizational skills to manage several ongoing projects at one time;
- The ability to work in a multi-team environment;
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Communication/Analytical Thinking/ Efficiency/ Teamwork/ Project Management
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on March 13, 2018, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- This position requires bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to read, understand, write and speak in your second official language at an intermediate level. Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test. https://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/upload/guide-second-laguage-proficiency-tests.pdf Candidates currently not meeting this requirement may be considered.(IMPORTANT: if position is a contract position)
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance
- Internal applicants: If applying for a temporary assignment, please ensure that your Manager approves your application prior to submission.