Brand & Marketing Advisor
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer objective housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your communications, marketing and branding skills to this Bilingual Marketing and Branding Consultant in Ottawa. This permanent-full time position is a unique opportunity to be part of a brand new team at CMHC, a full-service in house creative studio providing design, brand and marketing solutions to a multifaceted organization that wants to propel its brand reputation and enhance its visual storytelling.
- Provide advice, guidance and expertise to internal and external clients by identifying marketing and branding opportunities to help meet business objectives.
- Plan, develop and implement brand guidelines and communicate the fundamentals of the corporate brand as appropriate to ensure strong and consistent brand presence in all products.
- Collaborate in the planning, development, production and execution of omni-channel marketing activities.
- Monitor current trends in marketing and branding, make recommendations to optimize consumer experience relevant to channels.
- Act as the liaison between clients and design services to facilitate successful implementation of brand and marketing projects.
- Work with procurement, ad agencies and suppliers to ensure projects are on track and well managed; oversee budgets and ensure tracking and accuracy.
- Develop project schedules outlining deliverables, deadlines, scope and constraints - act as project manager for assigned clients and projects.
What We Are Looking For:
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- Undergraduate Degree or Diploma in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, or a related discipline with a minimum of five (5) years of previous related work experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing brand standards and guidelines.
- Demonstrated experience developing integrated marketing campaigns with focus on digital.
- Demonstrated experience with project management and budgeting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to speak and write clearly, succinctly and persuasively with/for a variety of audiences.
- Effective marketing strategies and campaign management skills.
- Solid knowledge of theories and principles of online marketing tools, methods, techniques and practices.
- Comprehensive understanding of the link between marketing and the business.
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Benefits Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on June 24, 2018, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
- A = Beginner Level
- B = Intermediate Level
- C = Advanced Level
- E = Exempt
- P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities