Bilingual Underwriting Support Representative
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) is the heart of a world leading housing system that is making a difference for Canadians every day by helping them meet their housing needs. As Canadaâ??s authority on housing, CMHC works with a variety of stakeholders to help ensure that the Canadian housing system remains one of the best in the world. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your client services skills and your mortgage expertise to these Underwriting Support Representative positions in Toronto.
This full-time temporary position is part of the Homeowner Underwriting group in Toronto. As an Underwriting Support Representative you will interpret and communicate to mortgage industry professionals CMHC's mortgage loan insurance guidelines and policies. You will provide consistent and accurate responses and advice to over 100 approved lenders on CMHC products and services that would best suit the needs of their clients.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Responding to telephone inquiries from various clients and stakeholders (lenders, mortgage brokers, real estate agents and builders) in the official language of their choice (English and French) on topics such as CMHC mortgage insurance products, guidelines, policies and processes;
- Evaluate the needs of customers and determine if the question can be solved or if the call must be forwarded to another service;
- Assisting approved lenders with submitting mortgage loan insurance application electronically or by fax;
- Research and verify to communicate adequately and with conciseness the information which the customers need;
- Understand the needs of customers by actively listening to supply them with the best CMHC product or service adapted to their needs;
- Providing support to Residential Underwriters with additional duties as required.
What We Are Looking For
- University degree or college diploma in administration and at least one year of experience in the mortgage industry or an equivalent combination of education and related experience;
- Demonstrated experience in client service;
- Functional knowledge of Business Development, Underwriting, Claims Processing and Market Housing Program;
- Understanding of the mortgage industry environment;
- Excellent telephone communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to provide understandable, clear and consistent responses on topics within areas of responsibility;
- Strong knowledge of provincial legislation which may impact CMHC policy.
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Communication (Presenting and Influencing)/ Efficiency/ Decisiveness/ Open-Mindedness/ Listening/ Flexibility/ Relationship Building/ Team Work
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on December 19, 2017, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- These positions require bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to read and speak in your second official language at an advanced level and to write in your second official language at an intermediate level.
- Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test. http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/ouhipr/ouhipr_004.cfm
- CMHC Homeowner Underwriting offers service to clients from 8 am to 8 pm local time Monday to Friday and from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Saturday. All Underwriting Support Representatives are expected to make themselves available for a rotating shift schedule to accommodate these business demands as well as for overtime during the peak volume periods
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.