Bilingual Total Rewards Analyst
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer unbiased housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations.
Bring your research and analytical skills and your HR expertise to this analyst role in Ottawa.
This permanent full time position is an exceptional opportunity to become a member of the Total Rewards team where you will be responsible for implementing, administering and contributing to HR policies, programs and processes related to recognition, compensation, benefits and pension.
This position is taking part in a prototype of a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™). In this environment, we don't focus on when you work or where you work from. You will work closely with your supervisor to define your objectives and will receive regular feedback and coaching. Permission is not required to take care of your personal life during traditional working hours. You do your work when it makes sense for you and the business.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Conduct research and analysis to support policy advice and identify emerging issues, trends, best practices, and changing legislative requirements on matters pertaining to total compensation and related HR policies and programs.
- Participate on multi-disciplinary teams to develop, implement and evaluate HR initiatives.
- Provide expertise, guidance, interpretation and advice to the HR community, business line clients and vendors on HR policies and programs to resolve issues.
- Contribute to the development and design of corporate HR products, policies, services, programs and/or systems
- Administer corporate HR products, policies, services, programs and/or systems.
- Report on corporate programs, initiatives and achievements.
- Identify opportunities to improve operations and optimize processes between CMHC and vendors and/or clients. Implement improvements as appropriate and where required, makes recommendations to management.
- Build and maintain a partnership with vendors, setting clear expectations and dealing with issues.
- Participate in the testing required as a result of any changes in system or process with the vendors, as appropriate.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values
- A Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Industrial Relations or a related field and
- minimum of 3 years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve complex problems by collecting information from multiple sources
- Demonstrated communication skills (written and oral)
- Demonstrated ability to work in an automated environment (proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to build successful partnerships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge and understanding of Human Resources Management policies, practices, theories, concepts and systems
- Knowledge of legislative issues and industry trends relating to Human Resources
- Knowledge and understanding of organizational development practices and concepts, policy development and project management
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytical Thinking/ Commitment to Official Languages/Communication/Efficiency/Project Management/Relationship Building /Teamwork
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan up to December 31, 2017
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan starting January 1, 2018
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on January 2, 2018, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- This position requires bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to read, understand and speak in your second official language at an advanced level and to write in your second official language at an intermediate level.
- Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test. https://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/upload/guide-second-laguage-proficiency-tests.pdf
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance