Bilingual Technology and Business Transformation Training Consultant
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer unbiased housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations.
Bring your client focus, facilitation and training expertise to this Training Consultant position in Ottawa. We currently have two openings.
In this 12-month full-time, temporary position, you will deliver key training activities related to the CMHC's Technology and Business Transformation You will work collaboratively with the Learning and Organizational Development team as well as, internal and external stakeholders and partners to ensure that training solutions are clearly aligned with business strategy and priorities.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Delivering high-quality training and coaching experiences, in-person and virtual-online for a wide range of audiences, including employees from across the country, all business lines and senior management.
- Delivering instructor-led and virtual instructor-led training in order to ensure adoption of CMHC's new enterprise resource planning system
- Consulting with sector and regional business representatives to collect information on current, emerging and future training needs
- Developing training solutions that are aligned with project scope, corporate priorities, and business goals
- Identifying and implementing enhancements to the full complement of training solutions from an enterprise scale perspective.
- Ensuring that training programs, initiatives, tools and strategies are aligned with CMHC's organizational priorities, values and culture and are based on sound analysis within a broadly defined conceptual framework.
- Developing training plans and approaches in collaboration with management and stakeholders within HR and across the Corporation, and external partners to effectively implement projects and programs.
- Proposing, developing and implementing solutions to address continuous improvement regarding the design and delivery of enterprise training solutions in order to achieve strong impact and value for training investments.
- Evaluating the effectiveness and quality of training solutions, programs and strategies based on their capacity to advance strategic priorities and their alignment with industry best practices.
- Delivering project and program updates, evaluation reports, and communicating key results to the HR Management Team, HR and project stakeholders and clients, as appropriate.
- Establishing strong internal networks with colleagues and internal clients to ensure a cross functional, collaborative approach to the work.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values
- Post-Secondary Education in a field related to education, training, instructional design, educational technology or human resources
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in the field of workplace training and development and developing adult e-learning or training programs
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality training for technology implementations
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Dynamics, or similar systems
- Strong presentation, training and facilitation skills
- In-depth knowledge of, and related work experience in, learning, training, instructional design, technology-enabled design and learning methods, theories, practices and techniques
- Strong project management skills, including planning and reporting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Understanding of e-learning tools, such as Articulate Storyline
- Thorough attention to detail
- Strong ability to influence, negotiate, and build relationships at all levels
- Strong verbal and written communication skills demonstrated within a corporate environment
- Ability to be creative and proactive in offering new approaches for solving business issues
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytical Thinking/ Collaboration/ Communication (Presenting and Influencing)/ Project Management/ Focus on Results/ Managing Change and Transition/ Relationship Building
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on February 2, 2018 however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- This position requires bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to read, understand and speak in your second official language at an advanced level and to write in your second official language at an intermediate level. Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test. https://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/upload/guide-second-laguage-proficiency-tests.pdf
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.