Bilingual Senior Officer, Operations (Position can be located anywhere in Canada)
Job Requisition ID: 4761
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Sector: Client Operations
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): CBC
Salary Range: $62482 to $78102
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Occasional
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada’s authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer objective housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
This position reports to the Financing Operations team in our Office of the SVP, Client Operations sector. This sector makes delivering housing affordability solutions easy.
About the role
Housing matters – to all. At CMHC, we’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation, partnerships, and analytics.
We are constantly looking for talent with different levels of expertise and skills to join the Financing Operations team in order to support projects approved under CMHC’s various lending and housing programs. In this team, you will help ensure the successful creation and renovation of housing projects as they move through the contract negotiation and advancing processes. This will have a direct impact in helping us achieve our ambitious goal: by 2030, everyone in Canada has a home they can afford and that meets their needs
What you will need
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, commerce or real estate law.
- Minimum of three years of experience in real estate law, construction financing or commercial banking.
- Certified in Real Estate Finance (CRF), Certified Property Manager (CPM), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Professional Quantity Surveyor (PQS), Canadian Risk Manager (CRM) or Accredited Appraiser Canadian Institute (AACI) designation is an asset.
- Knowledge of multi-unit residential lending industry and practices is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience monitoring and verifying financial data.
- Demonstrated client management skills with the ability to negotiate with clients and arrive at acceptable solutions, sometimes in controversial conditions and tight time constraints.
- Experience in construction loan management or funding is an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of risk factors related to loans for affordable housing projects.
- Understanding of social and affordable housing programs.
- Knowledge of procedures, policies, regulations and risk management.
- Knowledge of market trends and developments in Canada and of industry partners.
- Strong organization skills to manage several ongoing and competing tasks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
What you will be doing
- Conducting detailed audit analysis involving program/product requirements, including but not limited to applications, financial reviews, existing and new loans and claim/subsidy eligibility.
- Providing advice, support and alternative solutions to clients and stakeholders including the communication of key decisions, the interpretation of policies and the response to inquiries.
- Preparing and supporting our clients in the execution of loan agreements and supporting documents in consultation with legal partners. Participating in internal processes involving performance monitoring and quality assurance by reviewing and preparing detailed reporting on outcomes.
- Reviewing and analyzing complex funding commitments and providing recommendations for legal contracts, funding strategies and construction advancing.
- Performing analysis of legal documentation and professional third-party reports, such as appraisals, quantity surveyor reports and environmental site assessments, to assess risks to CMHC and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Analyzing complex files to derive recommendations and solutions in line with the expected results of the programs and government expectations and within CMHC’s risk appetite.
- Providing expertise and advice on relevant programs, policies, products and services.
- Establishing and maintaining meaningful relationships with clients and other relevant stakeholders to gain a thorough understanding of the operations and environment, to facilitate reviews and analysis of documents.
- Leveraging financial and policy authorities to recommend exceptions, when applicable, while designing new solutions.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Various onsite amenities
- Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
- A = Beginner Level
- B = Intermediate Level
- C = Advanced Level
- E = Exempt
- P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities