Bilingual Senior Analyst, Accounting Operations (Position can be located anywhere in Canada)
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): CBC
Salary Range: $64465.23 to $80581.54
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
These positions report to the Accounting Operations teams in our Office of the Chief Financial Officer sector. This sector uses financial foresight and legal insight to improve housing affordability.
*Note: We currently have two positions available.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. You will oversee accounts receivable, deposits and reconciling items that may arise in support of CMHC’s financial activities. You will also act as a business partner, helping clients with their order to cash and account reconciliation requirements. You will support the synthesis and delivery of strategic financial guidance to various corporate clients. You will proactively develop an in-depth understanding of the business operations, through discussion and analysis, distilling financial needs and gaining trust as a business partner. This will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
• Undergraduate degree in a related field such as accounting, finance, business administration, economics or commerce.
• Minimum of three years’ experience in accounting operations.
• Knowledge of relevant financial, legislative and regulatory environments.
• Understanding of financial statements and general accounting principles.
• Excellent organizational skills to manage several ongoing and competing projects.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (in French and in English).
• Demonstrated growth mindset and an ability to identify and propose process improvements
• Demonstrated computer skills and knowledge of software applications.
• Strong influencing skills for making recommendations to clients.
• Excellent ability to gather and analyze information, synthesize key elements and summarize recommendations.
• Professional accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA, CPA).
What you will be doing
• Provides expert guidance and advice on activities and operations relating to Accounts Receivable, deposits, and account reconciliations.
• Analyzes suspense and clearing accounts to validate all outstanding items and ensure in good standing at month end. .
• Oversees, reviews, and ensures timely creation of receivable invoices, deposit processing, etc.
• Advises on implementing new financial policies, processes, systems and internal controls. Monitors and analyzes control gaps (internal control framework), and advises on appropriate remedial action, as needed.
• Understands and analyzes current operational processes. Identifies non-value added processes and maps improved processes to recommend specific and meaningful improvements in efficiency.
• Establishes and maintains meaningful relationships with all clients, leaders and other relevant stakeholders to gain a thorough understanding of the operations and environment, to facilitate collaboration in accomplishing finance tasks, and to influence complex business decisions.
Financial Analysis and Oversight
• Maintains accurate and complete accounting records and reconciliations as well as related statements and reports. Ensures adherence to current accounting standards as well as proper implementation of new accounting standards.
• Performs, documents and guides ad hoc financial analysis for areas that have been prioritized by management.
• Supports the Accounting Operations teams, Managers and Director in complying with the external audit, including the timely provision of reports, explanations, data and related information, as required, to external auditors.
• Distills and formulates thoughtful and supported financial recommendations based on the results of proactive financial analysis, identified areas of risk exposure, and available opportunities for improvement; ensures the recommendations align with enterprise-wide objectives and initiatives.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
Job Requisition ID: 4671
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Other Location(s): Halifax, Montréal, Québec, Toronto, Calgary & Vancouver
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Limited
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
*If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.