Bilingual Multi Unit Claims Officer
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) is the heart of a world leading housing system that is making a difference for Canadians every day by helping them meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, CMHC works with a variety of stakeholders to help ensure that the Canadian housing system remains one of the best in the world. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your analytical skills and your claims expertise to this Multi-Unit Claims Officer position in Ottawa.
As a member of the Multi-Unit Policy and Operations team, you will report to the Manager Multi-Unit Policy and Operations with a mandate to assess and process settlement of insurance claims that result from the default of multi-unit projects in difficulty, of varying size and complexity. This is a unique function and the officer is recognized as being the expert in administering the mortgage insurance contract between CMHC and Approved Lenders.
You will apply a broad range of analytical and negotiation skills to assess and adjudicate multi-unit residential claims filed by Approved Lenders throughout the country. The officer works in an environment of tight deadlines, and possesses a high level of accountability related to multi-unit claims. In addition, you will provide analysis and support for policy and operational activities for loans in various stages of the mortgage insurance loan life cycle
This full time position is an exceptional opportunity for an analytical thinker and efficient individual to achieve his/her professional goals, while creating a sustainable organization that is at the heart of a world leading housing system.
You Will Be Contributing by:
- Reviewing CMHC's underwriting and default management files.
- Assessing and adjudicating different types of claims.
- Ensuring the acquisition of clear titles, assignment of mortgages and transfer of judgments
- Providing support and guidance to Approved Lenders (and their service providers) within prescribed policies and guidelines.
- Issuing Claims payment and providing settlement decisions up to a pre-determined authority limit.
- Providing recommendations for final decisions to Management on claim adjustments
- Providing high quality customer service while meeting Insurance Servicing goals.
- Engaging with colleagues and management to provide guidance/solutions to clients conducting a thorough assessment of the Approved Lender's claim package.
- Contributing to the strategic policy and operational objectives of the Multi-Unit Policy and Operations Division.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business administration, economics, finance or accounting or a related field and a minimum of three (3) years of related experience or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Strong research and quantitative/qualitative analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to make insightful recommendations and make decisions
- Working knowledge of mortgages, financial statements, property management statements, income streams, etc,
- Ability to understand and interpret a variety of industry-related documents including engineers reports, cost estimates, appraisal reports, quantity surveys, bankruptcy documentation, etc.
- An understanding of commercial and residential underwriting policies and procedures.
Client focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals.
Analytical Thinking/ Communication (Presenting and Influencing)/Focus on Results/ Efficiency / Flexibility/ Maximizing Quality/ Teamwork
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on March 19, 2018, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- This position requires bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to read, understand and speak in your second official language at an advanced level and to write in your second official language at an intermediate level. Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test. http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/ouhipr/ouhipr_004.cfm
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.