Bilingual Governance Coordinator
Travel Requirement: Travel not required Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer objective housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your organizational and relationship building skills to this Coordinator position in Ottawa.
We are currently looking to fill a permanent full-time opening in the IT Partner Relationship Management & Operational Oversight division. As the Governance Coordinator, you will be responsible for providing support in all activities and processes that promote and sustain good contract governance, including activities that enhance the effectiveness of governance Committees, and other governance bodies. You will be responsible for the planning and coordination of 7-10 established governance committees, elevating any governance issues with 3 rd party vendors', developing governance reports, providing an oversight function on compliance on 3 rd party contractual obligations as well as conducting researches on governance best practices.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Liaising with and maintaining good communications with IT and facilities 3 rd party vendors, Committee members and other governance bodies.
- Planning the logistics of meetings (including audio/visual and technical equipment and catering), preparing and coordinating the content of agendas and ensuring the timely delivery of relevant materials in advance of meetings.
- Managing and tracking all action items from meetings.
- Preparing minutes and Records of Decisions that accurately and effectively reflect the discussions and decisions generated during the meeting session.
- Triaging incoming issues, escalating issues to appropriate parties, and following-up to ensure resolution.
- Supporting the monitoring, analysis and accurate reporting of CMHC's 3 rd Party Contractual Obligations pertaining to IT and facilities.
- Preparing correspondences, documentations, tables, charts, briefing materials and presentations as required.
Supporting other divisional initiatives or activities including the preparation Quarterly Reports to Board of Directors.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Law or a related program with a minimum of two (2) years of related work experience in providing governance or vendor management support to senior management and/or business division. An equivalent combination of education and relevant experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing agendas, minutes and Record of Decisions.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and tracking action items.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and coordinating all logistics of meetings and events in a fast paced work environment.
- Demonstrated experience in using a variety of computer software, such as Microsoft Office Suite, databases and web applications.
- High level of interpersonal skills (tact, judgment, diplomacy, professionalism) and the ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written) and to convey broad discussions concisely.
- Ability to handle a large and diverse number of requests and issues concurrently, to work under pressure and to adapt to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Analytical Thinking/ Commitment to Official Languages/ Communication (Presenting and Influencing)/ Efficiency/ Flexibility/ Maximizing Quality/ Relationship Building/ Teamwork
What CMHC Has to Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on July 27, 2018 , however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- This position requires bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to read, write, understand and speak in your second official language at an intermediate level. Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test. http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/ouhipr/ouhipr_004.cfm
- Please note that the official internal Officer, Governance
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
- A = Beginner Level
- B = Intermediate Level
- C = Advanced Level
- E = Exempt
- P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities