Bilingual Governance Coordinator
Full Time Contract until October 2018 (with possibility of an extension or permanent employment)
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canadaâ??s authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer unbiased housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations.
Bring your organizational and relationship building skills to this Coordinator position in Ottawa.
Reporting to the Director, Partner Relationship Management & Operational Oversight division, you will be responsible for providing overall administrative support to the IT Partner Relationship Management & Operational Oversight division (at National Office) as well as providing national coordination services for IT and Facilities related matter to CMHC's regional offices as required. You will also be performing activities related to planning and coordination, addressing any management issues, conducting basic analysis, and providing general support across IT divisions.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Planning, organizing and coordinating all meeting follow-ups, events, quarterly client meetings, outreach activities, national initiatives and special projects.
- Coordinating all IT governance meetings, recording all meeting decisions and distributing these to concerned parties.
- Organizing the logistic of meetings including agendas, catering, coordinating audio / visual and technical requirements, preparing minutes, collecting and disseminating background materials.
- Providing the first line of review and analysis on a variety of inputs/communications/requests such as tracking action items from previous meetings.
- Triaging incoming issues, performing basic analysis, escalating issues to appropriate parties, and following-up to ensure resolution.
- Monitoring and maintaining status on all incoming and outgoing dockets, report requests, and correspondence.
- Coordinating and liaising with other business units and across regions as required to gather and validate information.
- Coordinating reviews and synthesizing input on policies, protocols and procedures requiring input from various groups with the Office of the Chief Information Officer at National Office as well in the regions.
- Preparing and/or updating documentations, reports, tables, charts, briefing materials and presentations as required.
- Researching, prioritizing and following-up on multiple incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Manager, including those of a sensitive and/or confidential nature.
- Providing any other general administrative, coordination, and logistic services to the business unit/division as required.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- College Diploma in Office Management, Office Administration, Business Administration or a related program with a minimum three (3) years of related work experience in providing administrative support to senior management and/or business division. An equivalent combination of education and relevant experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and tracking action items.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing agendas and minutes.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and coordinating all logistics of meetings and events in a fast paced work environment.
- Demonstrated experience in using a variety of computer software, such as Microsoft Office Suite, databases and web applications.
- High level of interpersonal skills (tact, judgment, diplomacy, professionalism) and the ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written).
- Ability to handle a large and diverse number of requests and issues concurrently, to work under pressure and to adapt to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Client focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytical Thinking/ Commitment to Official Languages/ Communication (Presenting and Influencing)/ Efficiency/ Flexibility/ Maximizing Quality/ Relationship Building/ Teamwork
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on December 7, 2017, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Please note that the official internal job title for this position is National Coordinator, Administrative Services.
- Internal applicants: For business needs, please ensure that your Manager approves your application for this temporary assignment prior to submission.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- This position requires bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to read, understand and speak in your second official language at an advanced level and to write in your second official language at an intermediate level. Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test. http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/ouhipr/ouhipr_004.cfm
- Candidates must meet the language requirements of the position. Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test.
- As this is a temporary assignment, candidates who do not meet the language requirement of the position may be considered.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.