Bilingual Executive/ Administrative Assistant
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) is atthe heart of a world leading housing system that is making a difference for Canadians every day by helping them meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, CMHC works with a variety of stakeholders to help ensure that the Canadian housing system remains one of the best in the world. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Are you a stickler for details? Do you thrive on being the hub of the action? Are you interested launching your career, while learning about the inner workings of human resources, affordable housing, or policy and research?
Bring your exceptional organizational skills and administrative expertise to one of the following administrative positions, located in the following areas:
Assisted Housing (Orleans) $40,763-50,954 (Administrative Assistant)
Policy and Research (Ottawa) $40,763-50,954 (Administrative Assistant)
Insurance (Ottawa) $40,763-50,954 (Administrative Assistant)
People & Strategy (Ottawa) $46,436-58,045 (Executive Assistant)
Assisted Housing (Calgary) $40,763-50,954 (Administrative Assistant)
These permanent full time positions are an exceptional opportunity for an organized and efficient team player to expand his or her career within Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC), an organization where you are valued and respected, recognized for your contributions and that is committed to providing a work environment where you are inspired to make a difference.
The intent of this advertisement is to identify and assess qualified candidates to staff both current and future permanent and contract positions in various divisions. We are currently accepting applications within various departments of CMHC at our National Office located in Ottawa, or in one of our regional offices.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Coordinating and providing general administrative services including but not limited to: maintaining the meeting calendar; adjusting the schedule to accommodate shifting priorities; monitoring and maintaining status on all incoming and outgoing correspondence, booking meeting rooms; maintaining all file management; ordering office supplies; and coordinating IT and translation requests, etc.
- Researching, prioritizing and following-up on multiple incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Manager, including those of a sensitive and/or confidential nature.
- Arranging training and travel arrangements (including accommodation).
- Organizing meetings including agendas, catering, coordinating audio visual and technical requirements, preparing minutes, collecting and disseminating background materials.
- Tracking progress on Team's work-plans and activities.
- Preparing and updating reports, tables, charts, briefing materials and presentations as required.
- Maintaining an accurate up-to-date record for the group's operating budget and expenditures.
What We Are Looking For
- High school diploma with a minimum of to (2) years of relevant work experience in an administrative level position OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in providing administrative and office support services to Management.
- Demonstrated experience in budget planning and management.
- Knowledge of administration practices, including file management, office procedures and logistics.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to undertake and complete multiple concurrent tasks with strong attention to detail.
- Sound analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to speak and write clearly, succinctly and persuasively with/for a variety of audiences;
- Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships.
- High level of interpersonal skills (tact, judgement, diplomacy);
- Experience in project coordination.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team.
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Efficiency/ Teamwork/ Communication (Presenting and Influencing)/ Commitment to Official Languages/ Maximizing Quality/ Flexibility
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on August 30, 2018, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- These positions requires bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to read, understand and speak in your second official language at an advanced level and to write in your second official language at an intermediate level. Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test. http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/ouhipr/ouhipr_004.cfm
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance or Secret clearance for the Executive Administrative position.
- Please note that candidates may be considered for similar positions in other sectors of the corporation within the next 6-months.