Bilingual Contract Management Officer
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) is the heart of a world leading housing system that is making a difference for Canadians every day by helping them meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, CMHC works with a variety of stakeholders to help ensure that the Canadian housing system remains one of the best in the world. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your strong interpersonal skills and your procurement expertise to this Contract Management Officer position in Ottawa.
As a member of the Procurement Operations team, you will provide cornerstone services that allow the team to focus on achieving critical business objectives and providing essential support to internal clients. You are responsible for all aspects of the administration and the application of internal risk management policies and procedures as it applies to an outsourcing arrangement involving a number of external contract agreements.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Managing all communications, inquiries, and requests coming from or going to 3rd party external Service Providers (SP), documenting and coordinating all requests in a timely manner.
- Managing all internal communications and requests coming from various lines of business including the management of complaints related to the quality of the service being provided.
- Taking immediate action to resolve issues as they arise to avoid any delays in the service.
- Troubleshooting any internal matters that could impact the quality of the services such as IT or Finance related issues.
- Ensuring requests include all necessary information to allow for the external Service Provider (SP) to perform the work involved within the turn-around time established in the contract. Should any information be missing, follow up with the requestor to obtain the missing information and provide to SP.
- Organizing processes and tracking the flow of information related to each request including records of decisions, special instructions, discussions, issues preventing the requests to be fulfilled, etc. among all parties involved as listed above.
- Analyzing and consolidating reports, volume reports and budget expenditures monthly, quarterly, year end and ad hoc, to ensure information is provided to CMHC's Finance and Risk Groups within specified time frames.
- Creating and updating the procurement catalogue on an ongoing basis.
- Reviewing and approving contract actions within scope of approval authority.
- Ensuring proper documentation is recorded in the contract case file.
- Processing , analysing and approving procurement requisitions, making decisions and providing advice to clients for future procurement needs
- Process high volume of purchase orders as per purchase requisitions approved in the ERP system.
- Monitoring the work flow, the completion of contracts, and analyse performance of contracts.
- Maintaining accurate and well-organized record keeping of all work requests received, work in progress, work completed, files returned to the client, performance monitoring and QA reports.
- Research, analyse and compile information relevant to control and delivery to client with internal and external meetings.
- Managing sensitive and urgent requests for information and assistance as required with tact and diplomacy.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- College Diploma in a related field and a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge in Business Administration.
- Knowledge of Procurement and Outsourcing Policies and Procedures
- Demonstrated understanding of scheduling and planning techniques and methodologies.
- Demonstrated abilities to procure a variety of different products and services.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in project management and planning.
- High level of interpersonal skills (tact, judgment, diplomacy, professionalism, political sensitivity) and the ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills enabling the balance of workloads and the prioritization of requests to meet deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer proficiency (expert knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel (Pivot Tables) & Power Point).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience with an ERP system is an asset.
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytical Thinking/Commitment to Official Languages/Communication (Presenting and Influencing) /Efficiency
Flexibility/Maximizing Quality/Political and Cultural Sensitivity/Relationship Building/Teamwork
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on January 5, 2018, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- This position require bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to read, understand, speak and write in your second official language in your second official language at an intermediate level.
- Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.