Bilingual Collection Agent and Recoveries (Located in Ottawa)
Join the Client Operations Team, where we make housing affordability solutions easy. As a member of the National Recoveries Team, you will use your strong negotiating skills to achieve maximum collection with minimum client complaints. You will administer a portfolio of judgment and non-judgment debt owed to the corporation. This is a temporary position of a duration of 12 months in Ottawa. We have 3 bilingual positions available.
- Analyzing and reviewing financial information, negotiating settlements directly with clients, and seeking historical and contextual information from a variety of sources, which requires resourcefulness, a rational approach, empathy and sound judgement to reach adequate solutions on a case by case basis.
- Recommending legal remedies to the Team Leader and solicitors, which include placing execution orders against client's additional properties, conducting debt examinations, garnishment orders, alias writs, foreclosures, power of sales and bankruptcies.
- Reviewing Bankruptcies Proposals in order to protect CMHC's rights to obtain the highest possible dividends and to determine whether the proposal will be accepted or opposed in accordance with the grounds for opposition laid out in the Bankruptcy Act.
- Post-secondary education in the field of business, accounting or finance.
- Minimum of one year experience in a collection's environment. Demonstrated experience in working with accounts where misrepresentation or fraud has occurred would be considered an asset. Demonstrated understanding of the competitive mortgage industry environment and the mortgage insurance business.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the National Housing Act, Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act as well as the Creditors Relief Act, and Estate Administration.
- Excellent negotiating and communication skills, diplomacy and tact with the ability to diffuse emotionally distraught and irate debtors.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and strive for equitable settlements while maximizing recoveries;
- Strong organization skills with the ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English). Posting closing date : Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
IMPORTANT NOTICE - MANDATORY COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS
CMHC has implemented vaccination requirements to align with Government of Canada mandatory vaccination measures for the federal public service.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for all CMHC employees, regardless of place of work (teleworking, working remotely or working on-site). CMHC's vaccination measures, as updated from time to time, are a term and condition of employment.
CMHC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated prior to their start date, and to attest their vaccination status as part of the onboarding process. If you are the selected candidate, and wish to request an exemption from CMHC's vaccination requirements on valid human rights-based grounds, you must do so at the offer stage as part of the recruitment process.
CMHC is an inclusive workplace where diversity of thought - and of people - are recognized, valued, and considered essential to achieving our aspiration .
We are committed to employment equity and actively encourage applications from women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, veterans and persons of all races, ethnicities, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions. We also welcome applications from non-Canadians who are eligible to work in Canada.
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Job Requisition ID: 6943
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): BBB
Minimum Base Salary: 48557.02
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
Office Location: Ottawa (ON)