Bilingual Briefing Analyst in Corporate Relations
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer unbiased housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations.
Bring your analytical, writing and client service skills to this Briefings Analyst position in Ottawa.
This 12-month temporary assignment is an exceptional opportunity to become a member of the Corporate Relations team where you will work closely with Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) business lines to draft and coordinate briefing materials for Cabinet ministers and senior management.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Researching and writing briefing materials for Cabinet ministers and senior decision-makers within CMHC.
- Coordinating input for materials from CMHC business lines.
- Establishing and maintaining positive and collaborative working relationships with staff in CMHC business lines, including senior management.
- Managing project timelines and approvals.
- Ensuring the quality and relevance of briefing materials.
What We Are Looking For
- Broad knowledge of CMHC's business.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalents with a minimum three (3) years of experience in the area of ministerial briefings/correspondence, corporate relations, Cabinet affairs, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in writing and/or editing briefing materials for senior decision-makers.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Knowledge of federal political system, federal institutions and policy-making.
- Knowledge of the rules and practices governing Cabinet Affairs, machinery of government, Cabinet and ministerial decision-making systems and the roles and workings of central agencies.
- Excellent communications skills (writing, speaking, negotiating and persuading) for a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality work under tight timelines, amid changing priorities.
- Strong organizational skills to effectively manage a number of ongoing and competing tasks at one time and handle competing priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to resolve complex issues and innovate solutions when resolving issues.
- Strong client management skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with key clients and partners by using good listening, communication, and negotiating skills to effectively resolve issues.
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy are critical in this function.
- Knowledge of executive correspondence tracking software is an asset.
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Commitment to Official Languages/ Communication (writing, presenting and influencing)/ Relationship Building/ Teamwork/ Political and Cultural Sensitivity/ Maximizing Quality/ Flexibility/ Efficiency/ Forward/Strategic Thinking/ Project Management
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on February 18, 2018, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- This position requires bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to read, understand, write and speak in your second official language at an intermediate level. Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognized by CMHC will be required to take a language test. https://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/upload/guide-second-laguage-proficiency-tests.pdf
- As this is a temporary assignment, candidates who do not meet the language requirement of the position may also be considered.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Secret Clearance
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- Internal applicants: If applying for a temporary assignment, please ensure that your Manager approves your application prior to submission.