Bilingual Analyst, Media (Position can be located anywhere in Canada)
Sector: People and Strategy
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): CBB
Salary Range: $54682.62 to $68353.27
Position Status: Temporary Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
This position reports to the Marketing Research and Analysis team in our Office of the SVP, People and Strategy sector. This sector has the focus, the people and the voice to achieve our aspiration.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. You will monitor the news (print, online, broadcast, etc.) for mentions of CMHC and other topics of interest. You will help gather and analyze the intelligence collected from this monitoring for CMHC internal stakeholders and the Minister's Office. This will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
Please note that this is a 12-month temporary role.
What you will need
• Undergraduate degree in a field related to journalism, public relations, or communications.
• Minimum of one-year experience in a communication/public relations role.
• Solid ability to write analysis of media coverage.
• Strong comprehension of the CMHC environment.
• Ability to quickly grasp the relevancy for CMHC of a news story based on political and economic sensitivities.
• Strong writing skills with the ability to be concise. Must be fluently bilingual in both official languages.
• Experience conducting data analysis, and interpreting media data activities (i.e. mentions, sentiment, engagement), and what it means for CMHC.
• Experience building graphics using Excel
• Experience building dashboards would be an asset.
What you will be doing
• Provide daily summaries of media coverage of CMHC, and the Minister, and circulate clippings.
• Monitor and assess performance of CMHC media activities and content (i.e. news releases, ministerial events, speeches, media interviews, market reports, etc.).
• Research and prepare in-depth media analyses of housing-related issues highlighted in the media, including stakeholder reactions to issues of interest to CMHC, on a periodic basis and in a proactive manner.
• Provide timely and complete analysis of trends, comments and issues relevant to CMHC’s business lines and senior management, particularly contentious issues.
• Consult with internal stakeholders to identify media monitoring needs, and provide customized reports and dashboards.
• Ensure the timely dissemination of time-sensitive information, news articles and transcripts to internal stakeholders.
• Administer and maintain media monitoring platforms, including on-going communications with suppliers to signal issues, update keywords and search terms, facilitate procurement activities (purchase orders, process invoices etc.), and ensure that all services are delivered in accordance with the terms of the service agreements.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
Job Requisition ID: 5121
Office Location: Charlottetown (PE); Halifax (NS); Moncton (NB); Montreal (QC); Ottawa (ON); Quebec (QC); St. John's (NL); Thunder Bay (ON); Toronto (ON); Winnipeg (MB)
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Limited
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
*If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.