Bilingual Administrative Services Clerk
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer unbiased housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations.
Bring your organizational skills and your excellent teamwork to this Administrative Services Clerk position in Toronto.
This temporary 12 month contract position is an exceptional opportunity to become a member of the Ontario Administrative Services team, where you will perform administrative duties, delivering a full range of administrative and/or client services to support efficient delivery of building services, security to corporate space and delivering quality Administrative services in a timely cost-effective and solution-oriented manner.
How You Will Be Contributing
Office and Administrative Support:
- Providing office administration, coordinating building services, assisting in Health and Safety issues, providing security services to internal and external clients, and effectively answering a wide range of questions and requests via a variety of communication mechanisms.
- Providing organizational support such as scheduling restricted meeting rooms, mail, courier and Iron Mountain services.
- Providing financial support services on cheque receipts for the Shared Services Centre.
- Monitoring day to day activities, identifying and shifting priorities as required for individual or group projects. Anticipating, planning, and undertaking support services to ensure ongoing task, project and operational requirements are efficiently and effectively done to provide seamless support to clients.
- Preparing and updating inventory reports within the team. Work could include preliminary research and analysis of supplies and services of a procurement nature and provide recommendation.
- Ensuring all furniture, equipment and supplies are procured, maintaining and returning in accordance with corporate policy.
- Being responsible for a range of office services including requests from the Facility Management Portal and assisting in coordinating office moves.
- Ensuring secured documents in Iron Mountain boxes are properly shredded per policy and security requirements.
- Supporting new hires by organizing orientation materials, office space, telephone and I&T set-up, parking and building passes. Providing standard guidance and support to colleagues through training/coaching in own area.
- Supporting the business continuity planning coordinator with the contact list for key staff and stakeholders.
- Liaising with IT and Administrative Services (National Office) to ensure functional workspaces and equipment and supporting the roll out of IT enhancements and assisting in providing training as appropriate.
- Providing budget administration services. Ensuring that all invoices are properly coded, and processed for payment. Ensuring also that expenses are signed in accordance within financial authorities.
- Maintaining, monitoring and reporting on the commitment and invoice for the group's supplier. Processing the contract renewal or new contracts with suppliers as appropriate.
- Gathering, organizing and following up with external suppliers on matters related to invoicing and billing.
- Supporting the Manager, Administrative Services in the monitoring, measuring, budgeting and reporting for Administrative Services.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- High school diploma with minimum two (2) years' related receptionist or administrative support work experience. An equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience would be considered.
- College certificate or diploma from an office administration or business administration program would be considered an asset.
- Experience in overseeing building/facilities management repairs and monitoring all incoming administrative requests from staff.
- Good working knowledge of administrative practices and controls
- Proven interpersonal skills (tact, judgment, diplomacy, professionalism, political sensitivity) and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Working knowledge of corporation's financial (procurement) systems and guidelines and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities concurrently.
- Demonstrated client service skills.
Client Focus / Innovation / Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Flexibility / / Communication (Presenting and Influencing) / Maximizing Quality and Efficiency / Teamwork / Open-mindedness and Listening / Interpersonal Skills / Commitment to Official Languages for the bilingual permanent position
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EDT on April 29, 2018, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Internal applicants: For business needs, please ensure that your Manager approves your application for this temporary assignment prior to submission.
- This position requires bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to read, write and speak in your second official language at an intermediate level. Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test. http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/ouhipr/ouhipr_004.cfm
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.