Bilingual Administrative Services Clerk
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer unbiased housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations.
Bring your client service and interpersonal skills as well as your administrative expertise to this Clerk, Administrative Services position in Halifax.
This 24-month temporary position is an exceptional opportunity for a client-focused and detail-oriented individual to expand his or her career within CMHC, an organization where you are valued and respected, recognized for your contributions and that is committed to providing a work environment where you are inspired to make a difference.
The intent of this advertisement is to identify and assess qualified candidates to staff both current and future permanent and contract positions within the division. We invite both Bilingual (English & French) candidates to apply.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Providing administration and reception services to CMHC's regional office in Halifax: greeting clients and guests, providing mail and courier services, maintaining functionality of reception area, mailroom and other common areas, ordering office supplies, equipment and services through the designated suppliers and ensuring adequate stock or functionality.
- Providing administrative support to points of service in Moncton, Charlottetown and St. John's.
- Monitoring day-to-day activities, identifying and shifting priorities as required for individual or group projects.
- Anticipating, planning, and undertaking support services to ensure ongoing task, project and/or operational requirements are efficiently and effectively completed to provide seamless support to clients.
- Responding to inquiries from clients, stakeholders and members of the general public in the official language of their choice (English or French) in person and referring complex inquiries to appropriate staff when applicable.
- Acting as local liaison with building management to arrange for repairs and monitoring administrative requests from staff via the Facilities Management Portal (software), taking action on these requests, and communicating with staff on the status of the requests.
- Assisting the Administrative Services team with office moves, workspace reconfigurations and renovations projects.
- Troubleshooting for minor problems with office equipment and arranging for service when required.
- Acting as coordinator or contact person for various activities (for example, receipt and distribution of material to staff, meetings and conferences, and room bookings) as appropriate.
- Supporting new hires by organizing orientation materials, office space, and parking and building passes.
- Supporting the business continuity planning coordinator with the contact list for key staff and stakeholders.
- Coding and processing invoices for payment.
- Receiving and recording cheques for the Shared Services Centre.
- Participating on the Health and Safety committee and assisting with resolving Health and Safety issues.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- High school diploma with minimum two (2) years' related receptionist or administrative support work experience. An equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience would be considered.
- College certificate or diploma from an office administration or business administration program would be considered an asset.
- Experience in overseeing building/facilities management repairs and monitoring all incoming administrative requests from staff.
- Knowledge of CMHC's business, mandate and objectives, and a commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- Knowledge of efficient office operating procedures and practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills (tact, judgement and diplomacy) and the ability to communicate effectively with clients in writing and verbally.
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision, and as part of a team.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy for coding payment requisitions and recording cheques.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to undertake and complete multiple concurrent tasks.
- Strong computer abilities and ability to work in an automated environment: intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
Client Focus / Innovation / Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Communication/ Efficiency/ Flexibility / Open Mindedness / Listening / Organizational Know-How and Awareness
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on May 1, 2018, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest; however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- This position requires bilingualism in French and English, with the ability to read, write and speak in your second official language at an intermediate level.
- Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognized by CMHC will be required to take a language test. https://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/upload/guide-second-laguage-proficiency-tests.pdf
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Status.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- As part of our commitment to create an inclusive workforce which reflects our society, we are recruiting people from all backgrounds, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and Aboriginal peoples.