Bilingual Administrative Assistant
The intent of this advertisement is to identify and assess qualified candidates to staff both current and future permanent and contract positions in various divisions. We are currently accepting applications within various departments of CMHC at our National Office located in Ottawa.
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) is the heart of a world leading housing system that is making a difference for Canadians every day by helping them meet their housing needs. As Canada’s authority on housing, CMHC works with a variety of stakeholders to help ensure that the Canadian housing system remains one of the best in the world. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your strong interpersonal and time management skills as well as your administrative expertise to these Administrative Assistant positions in Ottawa.
These positions are an exceptional opportunity for an independent, resourceful and efficient team player to achieve his/her professional goals, while creating a sustainable organization that is at the heart of a world leading housing system. Our diverse opportunities and locations across the country enable you to advance and grow your skills, knowledge and career to match your evolving interests and experience.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Coordinating and providing general administrative services including but not limited to: maintaining the meeting calendar; adjusting the schedule to accommodate shifting priorities; monitoring and maintaining status on all incoming and outgoing correspondence, booking meeting rooms; maintaining all file management; ordering office supplies; and coordinating IT and translation requests, etc.
- Researching, prioritizing and following-up on multiple incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Manager, including those of a sensitive and/or confidential nature.
- Arranging training and travel arrangements (including accommodation).
- Organizing meetings including agendas, catering, coordinating audio visual and technical requirements, preparing minutes, collecting and disseminating background materials.
- Tracking progress on Team’s work-plans and activities.
- Preparing and updating reports, tables, charts, briefing materials and presentations as required.
- Maintaining an accurate up-to-date record for the group’s operating budget and expenditures.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- College Diploma in Office Management, Office Administration, Business Administration or a related program with a minimum two (2) years of related work experience in providing administrative and/or secretarial support to senior management OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Experience in the public service would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in managing calendars.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and coordinating travel arrangements for senior executives.
- Demonstrated experience in processing invoices and travel claims.
- Proven experience in budget planning and project management.
- Demonstrated experience in using a variety of computer software, such as Microsoft Office Suite, databases and web applications.
- Knowledge of efficient executive office operating procedures and practices.
- High level of interpersonal skills (tact, judgment, diplomacy, professionalism, political sensitivity) and the ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written).
- Ability to handle a large and diverse number of requests and issues concurrently, to work under pressure and to adapt to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Efficiency/ Teamwork/ Communication (Presenting and Influencing)/ Commitment to Official Languages/ Maximizing Quality/ Flexibility
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) on February 19, 2018, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- This position requires bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to read, understand and speak in your second official language at an advanced level and to write in your second official language at an intermediate level. Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test. http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/ouhipr/ouhipr_004.cfm
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Secret Clearance.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- Please note that candidates may be considered for similar positions in other sectors of the corporation within the next 6-months.