Bilingual Actuarial Analyst Student
Interested in gaining valuable work experience and starting your rewarding career?
Join Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC), an organization where you are valued and respected, recognized for your contributions and that is committed to providing a work environment where you are inspired to make a difference.
How You Will Be Contributing
We are currently hiring for a full-time summer student, for a 4-month contract, within the Actuarial Team. As a Student Actuarial Analyst, you will directly be reporting to an assigned actuarial team member. You will predominantly be supporting/assisting the actuarial team on the following but not limited to:
- Conducting actuarial analysis.
- Preparing and reconciling data.
- Assisting team members in the validation of actuarial models (all under the supervision of a Senior Actuarial Analyst).
- Documenting and assisting with the testing of several actuarial models.
- Assisting team members in any other assigned projects or work as required.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- 4th year or 3rd year student in a bachelor degree program, preferably in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or any related field.
- Previous work experience in conducting actuarial analysis or any related work experience would be a strong asset.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of CMHC's mandate and business activities.
- Strong analytical skills - ability to reason logically, recognize assumptions and recognize the possible impact of specific courses of action.
- Strong written and oral
- communication skills, including the ability to prepare or write actuarial/statistical analysis/reports.
- Good judgment, excellent organizational and planning skills and the ability to work independently as well as within a team setting.
- Proficiency in using MS Office (e.g. MS Word, MS Excel).
- High level of interpersonal skills (tact, diplomacy, professionalism).
- Bilingualism (English and French).
Client focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive salary
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on March 26, 2018, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- To be eligible, you must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Candidates must meet the government's required security requirements (Reliability Clearance).
- The anticipated start and end date of these contracts are from May to August 2018.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Relocation assistance will not be offered for this student position.
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) has earned a number of awards recognizing the excellence of our management practices, our contributions to government and industry and our corporate citizenship. Here is a selection of our most recent achievements:
- one of Canada's Best Diversity Employer 2017
- one of the National Capital Region's Top 25 Employers since 2009
As Canada's trusted source of comprehensive housing information, expertise, housing finance and affordable housing solutions, CMHC has been Canada's national housing agency since 1946. CMHC's mission is to promote housing quality, affordability and choice for all Canadians. Our mandate involves the entire scope of housing – from promoting and contributing to the stability of the financial system to providing direct housing assistance.
As a federal Crown corporation and a major financial institution, CMHC offers a range of career possibilities in a stimulating work environment where people are inspired and encouraged to make a difference. If you want to work alongside other dedicated and respected professionals to make a real difference, make CMHC your career choice.
A chance to make a difference. The opportunity to achieve your goals.