Assistant, Business Support
Job Requisition ID: 3117
Primary Location: Montreal , Quebec
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): CBC
Salary Range: $40763 to $ 50954
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Travel not required Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer objective housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your communication skills and your administrative expertise to this Multi-Unit Underwriting team in Montreal.
This full-time permanent position is an exceptional opportunity for an efficient individual with solid communication, administrative, and strong organizational skills to manage the coordination, administration and support of programs and business activities. The successful candidate will also coordinate the collection of data for reporting purposes, prepare documentation, and processes accounting and cash management transactions.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Supports the activities of a team responsible for the delivery and administration of programs and/or business activities.
- Monitors business activity and conducts an analysis of applications/requests to ensure compliance with program guidelines and to identify issues, solutions and efficiencies as appropriate.
- Makes recommendations for approvals, recommends courses of action for non-standard requests, and processes documentation or data such as applications/requests and payment requisitions.
- Processes financial transactions including processing remittances, journal vouchers or corrections to clear items, correct errors and claim adjustments.
- Prepares cheque requisitions as required and administers wire transfers to/from external clients on an ongoing basis.
- Reconciles financial balances of internal sub-ledger accounts related to all accounting transactions processed.
- Supports functional teams in tracking and monitoring and reporting activities.
- Manages reports as assigned on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Liaises with external clients/stakeholders to meet business needs, as required.
- Coordinates the collection of data for the production of status reports and other reports as needed by management.
- Validates and ensures accuracy of data inputted into system.
- Performs data entry of file/application related information, as required, to support processing of applications.
- Gathers and compiles relevant information, as required, to support regional sector operations.
- Ensures all documentation is in place in accordance with business requirements.
- Manages such documentation in support of business outcomes
- Prepares documentation to maintain efficient running of programs and/or business activities, such as reports, letters to clients and business agreements.
- Communicates with clients to obtain and/or provide information and represents the Corporation as necessary.
- Acts as a liaison between business lines and plays a role in collecting and disseminating information that impacts the achievement of business objectives and project deliverables.
What We Are Looking For
- Consider high school diploma or a combination of education and/or experience.
- College diploma would be considered an asset.
- Minimum of two years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to multi-task, prioritize, meet deadlines and take initiative.
- Oral and written communication skills including the ability to persuade others.
- Attention to detail.
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on December 10, 2018, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- Your application must clearly demonstr ate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower salary range than is advertised for this position.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
- A = Beginner Level
- B = Intermediate Level
- C = Advanced Level
- E = Exempt
- P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities