Analyst, Oversight File Review
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada’s authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer unbiased housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations.
Bring your analytical skills and your subject matter expertise to this position in Ottawa.
As a member of the Quality Assurance and Business Analytics team, you will be responsible for planning, conducting, analyzing and associated reporting related lender operational risk assessment. You will actively undertake or contribute to analysis related to monitoring of risks, data integrity, ensuring that processes and practices are compliant with CMHC’s policy expectations with respect to due diligence, for underwriting and default management activities.
This temporary 12 month assignment is an exceptional opportunity for an analytical and efficient individual to achieve his/her professional goals, while creating a sustainable organization that is at the heart of a world leading housing system. Our diverse opportunities and locations across the country enable you to advance and grow your skills, knowledge and career to match your evolving interests and experience.
The intent of this advertisement is to identify and assess qualified candidates to staff both current and future permanent and contract positions in the Quality Assurance and Business Analytics team. We invite both English and Bilingual (English & French) candidates with a strong analytical background to apply.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Reviewing files, aggregating file review results, and preparing results for the input into the preparation of a summary report for review by CMHC senior management;
- Participating in the monitoring of subsequent corrective action;
- Performing research of industry standards, changes to guidelines and regulations and changes both internally and externally impacting the Insurance business;
- Supporting the application and the evolution of the existing Enterprise Risk Management Policies related to compliance, file reviews and quality assurance;
- Preparing for reviews including selecting the files for review; retrieving required data from CMHC databases; and developing and refining the specified procedures/checklists;
- Participating as a member in the conduct of reviews and in debriefing meetings;
- Ensuring that the parameters of the reviews are adequately and sufficiently documented, and related working papers are adequately stored and protected;
- Assisting with the development of annual work plans;
- Monitoring and reporting on the ongoing underwriting and default management actions aimed at addressing any risk compliance concerns arising from reviews and contributing to recommendations with respect to any additional actions that should be taken.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Commerce, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or Finance or a related field and a minimum of three (3) years of related experience OR an equivalent combination of related education and experience;
- Demonstrated experience in the mortgage, finance or insurance industry;
- Experience in the use of computer based tools including SAS EG, PowerPlay, Cubes, spreadsheet, etc. is an asset;
- Demonstrated experience doing quantitative and qualitative analysis;
- Strong and demonstrated comprehension of the life cycle of an insured-loan, including CMHC’s expectations with respect to the underwriting, default management and claims adjudication processes;
- Ability to gather data from many sources, synthesize information, draw conclusions and make recommendations based on solid research;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (including pivot table, macros and charts);
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong research skills;
- Strong organizational skills to manage several on-going projects at one time;
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment;
- Ability to travel.
- Bilingualism would be considered an asset.
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytical Thinking/ Communication/ Focus on Results/ Maximizing Quality/ Organizational Know-How and Awareness/Political and Cultural Sensitivity/ Teamwork
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on February 19, 2018, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.