Analyst, Internal Quality Assurance
Bring your analytical skills and your subject matter expertise to this position.
As a member of the Quality Assurance and Business Analytics team, you will work closely with staff from all Insurance Operations functions. You will be responsible for reviewing files completed by CMHC Insurance staff as well as planning and conducting review exercises and reporting results. You will actively undertake or contribute to analysis related to monitoring of risks to assess the degree to which Insurance processes and practices are compliant with management expectations
These positions are an opportunity for an analytical and efficient individual to achieve his/her professional goals, while helping to create a sustainable organization that is at the heart of a world leading housing system. Our diverse opportunities and locations across the country enable you to advance and grow your skills, knowledge and career to match your evolving interests and experience.
We have various positions to fill: 3 permanent full time (2 English Essential & 1 Bilingual)
1 – 20 month contract (Bilingual)
How You Will Be Contributing:
- Assisting in the implementation of the Quality Assurance workplan and respecting stated workplan milestones and deliverables.
- Participating in reviews of Insurance operational functions, including Homeowner Underwriting, Multi-Unit Underwriting, Claims Payment and Portfolio Insurance
- Reviewing files, aggregating file review results and interpreting and analyzing results
- Assisting in the preparation of summary reports in both official languages for review by operational management and CMHC senior management;
- Monitoring and reporting on ongoing underwriting and default management actions aimed at addressing any concerns arising from reviews and contributing to recommendations with respect to any additional actions that should be taken.
- Researching industry practices, changes to guidelines and regulations and changes both internally and externally impacting the Insurance business;
- Preparing for reviews including selecting the files for review; retrieving required data from CMHC databases; and developing and refining the specified procedures/checklists;
- Participating as a member in the conduct of reviews and in debriefing meetings;
- Ensuring that the parameters of the reviews are adequately and sufficiently documented, and related working papers are stored in keeping with CMHC information management practices and adequately protected;
- Assisting with the development of annual work plans;
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values
- Experience in Homeowner or Multi-Unit underwriting or in claims payment.
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma, preferably in Commerce, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance or Social Sciences and a minimum of three (3) years of related experience or an equivalent combination of related education and experience;
- Demonstrated experience in the mortgage, finance or insurance industry;
- Demonstrated experience doing quantitative and qualitative analysis;
- Ability to gather data from many sources, synthesize information, draw conclusions and make recommendations based on solid research;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both official languages;
- Strong research skills;
- Strong organizational skills to manage several on-going projects at one time;
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment;
- Microsoft Access, Excel pivots, and/or SAS would be considered an asset.
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on February 20, 2018, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Two of the position requires bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to read and write in your second official language at an intermediate level and to speak at an advanced level. Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test. http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/ouhipr/ouhipr_004.cfm
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance