Analyst, Business Systems
Because What I Do Matters Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) is the heart of a world leading housing system that is making a difference for Canadians every day by helping them meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, CMHC works with a variety of stakeholders to help ensure that the Canadian housing system remains one of the best in the world. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your financial systems and analytical skills to this Analyst, Business Systems position in Ottawa.
As a member of the Insurance Business Systems team you will by providing research and analysis, contributing to the conceptualization, development and implementation of new Mortgage Insurance policies, products and services. You will also provide timely support to internal and external clients, assisting in the testing and implementation of new insurance products, services and systems and monitor lenders, third parties and product pilot activities.
This full-time permanent position is an exceptional opportunity for an analytical thinker with strong communication skills to achieve his/her professional goals, while creating a sustainable organization that is at the heart of a world leading housing system. Our diverse opportunities and locations across the country enable you to advance and grow your skills, knowledge and career to match your evolving interests and experience.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Developing incremental improvements to operational processes, policies, products, services and systems.
- Administering and maintaining user access to all business systems on an ongoing basis.
- Participating in the development and maintenance of the Insurance sectorâ??s business continuity plan and coordinating the implementation of the related strategies.
- Developing, documenting and validating requirements, by utilizing analysis tools and proposing solutions, including enhancements, changes or fixes to business systems in collaboration with senior staff, clients and IT.
- Providing support to internal and external clients during testing exercises.
- Responding to requests for information from internal and external clients.
- Coordinating and/or participating in the preparation and execution of business system test plans and exercises.
- Developing and maintaining appropriate business system documentation and process controls
What We Are Looking For
- Post-secondary education preferably in a related field, such as business administration or computer science and/or Certification of Capability in Business Analysis (CCBA) designation and minimum of three (3) years of experience in related areas, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The following would be considered assets: Project management training and experience; experience working in Agile project delivery.
- Demonstrated experience with development/improvement of products, systems and services.
- Broad knowledge of Insurance systems and business processes.
- Understanding of IT demand management processes and software
- Familiarity with lender initiation and servicing processes.
- High level of organizational skills to manage several on-going projects at one time.
- Ability to identify, isolate, document, communicate and coordinate resolution of problem areas.
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships, recognize opportunities for improvement and contribute to a working environment where diversity is valued, respected and integrated.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently on policy and product improvement projects.
- Ability to synthesize diverse groupings of information.
- Ability to work in a demanding, multidisciplinary team environment, often with tight delivery timelines.
- Bilingualism, with the ability to understand and speak in your second official language at an advanced level and to read and write in your second official language at an intermediate.
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytical Thinking/ Communication/ Efficiency/ Project Management/ Teamwork/ Focus on Results
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Benefits Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on May 29, 2018, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.