Analyst, Business Systems
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer unbiased housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations.
Bring your financial systems and analytical skills to this Analyst, Business Systems position in Ottawa.
As a member of the Business Systems team you will provide the required technical and functional guidance and expertise in support of development and maintenance of CMHC financial systems. You will also assist in providing technical and financial guidance to external and internal clients to ensure operational efficiencies and data integrity within the applications.
This full-time permanent position is an exceptional opportunity for an analytical thinker with strong communication skills to achieve his/her professional goals, while creating a sustainable organization that is at the heart of a world leading housing system. Our diverse opportunities and locations across the country enable you to advance and grow your skills, knowledge and career to match your evolving interests and experience.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Developing and documenting functional business requirements, analysis tools and solutions, including enhancements, changes or fixes to business systems in collaboration with senior staff, clients and IT.
- Coordinating and conducting user acceptance testing to address any potential issues businesses may have and works with the partner to resolve them.
- Participating in the development, documentation, operation and testing of financial applications for new and existing systems (e.g. insurance contract accounting) and practices.
- Identifying, prioritizing and implementing opportunities for system improvement and maintenance in accordance with user requirements and principles of system integration.
- Working closely with insurance clients and Information and Technology (I&T) to define operational and system issues, create required change requests and co-ordinate implementation of the system enhancements.
- Liaising on an ongoing basis with I&T in matters of system administration.
- Ensuring effective controls of ongoing financial systems and operations by managing the systems security parameters and ensuring the financial authorities accurately reflect the Corporation's delegation of duties.
- Ensuring workflow technologies and automated financial signing authorities are effectively administered and controlled within the systems.
- Providing direction in developing corporate systems to ensure financial considerations are addressed including effective and relevant internal controls exist within these systems.
- Providing functional guidance and support to clients using reporting tools such as SAS, PowerPlay and Excel and identify on-going reporting requirements.
- Participating in the identification of Corporate requirements and priorities relating to financial systems and their integration with other Corporate systems and where appropriate external clients.
- Identifying opportunities in adopting leading edge technologies within the Corporation in the areas of financial transaction processing, financial systems and electronic commerce.
- Participating in all phases of systems development (analysis, design, testing, documentation, implementation and training).
- Representing Finance as a proactive partner in providing innovative, flexible and cost-effective services that are valued by the clients.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values
- College diploma in Financial Accounting, Computer Science Public or in a related field
- A minimum of three (3) years' relevant experience as a Business Systems Analyst OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A Finance Designation/Certification would be an asset.
- Experience in participating in all phases of financial systems development life cycle including system enhancements and upgrades would be an asset.
- Demonstrated and extensive experience working with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience using information systems techniques, practices and software, would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Corporate business environment.
- Organizational skills to manage several ongoing and competing tasks/projects.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a multi demand environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of computer applications, including Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to analyze information and situations, to synthesize key elements, and summarize with recommendations.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships, recognize opportunities for improvement and contribute to a working environment where diversity is valued respected and integrated.
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytical Thinking/ Communication (Presenting and Influencing)/ Project Management/ Teamwork
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan starting January 1, 2018
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on May 24, 2018 TBD, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance