Analyst, Business Systems (Position can be located anywhere in Canada)
Sector: Client Operations
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): CBC
Salary Range: $54682.62 to $68353.27
Position Status: Temporary Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
This position reports to the Systems team in our Office of the SVP, Client Operations sector. This sector makes delivering housing affordability solutions easy.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. You will provide support for the development, implementation and maintenance of the Corporation’s applications, tools and/or business systems and any interfaces to these systems. This will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
• Post-secondary education preferably in a related field, such as business administration or computer science and/or Certification of Capability in Business Analysis (CCBA) designation.
• Minimum of three years of related experience with increasing responsibilities.
• Good oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills (tact, judgment and diplomacy).
• Qualitative and quantitative analysis skills.
• Some project management skills acquired through the management of small to medium-sized projects.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field such as computer science, business administration or commerce with a concentration in IT.
What you will be doing
Research and Analysis
• Provides analytical support for the creation of reports and quality control checks.
• Performs data output and statistical analysis.
• Follows detailed work plan, project deliverable and project management processes.
• Develops and documents functional business requirements, analysis tools and solutions, including enhancements, changes or fixes to business systems in collaboration with senior staff, clients and IT.
• Coordinates and conducts user acceptance testing to address any potential issues businesses may have and works with the partner to resolve them.
Review, Develop and Report
• Provides expertise on statistical reporting tools and applications, including systems testing. Develops test plans to be implemented.
• Contributes to internal development of data output methods, statistical models and data collection.
• Performs data quality verification activities to ensure system outputs.
• Provides analytical support for the creation of various reports.
• Provides guidance to the continuous improvement activities for the sector (e.g., programs and runs routine processes to produce data and updates databases accordingly).
• Administers and maintains access to all business systems on a regular basis.
• Performs a review of access to all business systems on a regular basis.
Advice and Guidance
• Provides expertise on statistical reporting tools and applications.
• Provides support as directed during external and internal systems audits.
• Responds to data requests from clients.
• Develops recommendations for action as opportunities present themselves that best serve the overall objectives of CMHC and its internal and external clients.
• Provides direction and guidance for setting up user accesses to business systems.
Strategies and Communication
• Contributes to strategy, operational and business decisions when requested.
• Maintains relevant email and/or other communications tools (such as mailbox).
• Ensures system-related measurements are in place via pulling reports and monitoring system.
• Liaises with internal and external clients and other stakeholders to clarify issues and opportunities for improvement.
• Maintains appropriate functional business system documentation and process controls.
People Leadership (human relations skills)
• Maintains courteous and effective working relationships with others.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
Job Requisition ID: 4997
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
*If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.