Analyst, Access to Information and Privacy
Job Requisition ID: 1761
Primary Location: Ottawa , Ontario
Sector: Policy and Research
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): CBC
Salary Range: $53000 to $ 66250
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
Security Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: Travel not required Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer objective housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your knowledge of the Federal Access to Information Act and Privacy Act and your research skills to this Access to Information and Privacy Analyst position in Ottawa, ON.
This permanent-full time position is an exceptional opportunity to become a member of the Corporate Relations team, where you will be responsible for efficiently and effectively supporting the Corporation's Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) program and advisory services in this domain by providing guidance and support that contributes to the Corporation's ability to comply with applicable legislation, external (e.g. TBS) and internal policies and practices, while ensuring its ability to meet its business objectives and priorities.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Contributes to the effective, consistent and proactive administration requirements to ensure CMHC's compliance with the Access to Information Act and Privacy Act and related guidance, policies, practices and procedures.
- Maintains relationships with internal and external stakeholders, where exercising tact, diplomacy and influencing skills are required.
- Applies analytical skills, judgement and a thorough knowledge of CMHC activities to assess requests, identify potential impacts associated with the requests, and ensures implicated resources are advised and concerns managed appropriately.
- Provides advice and guidance on the application of ATIP Acts, internal policies as well as TBS ATIP policies, directives and guidelines to all levels of management, staff, stakeholders (federal, central and provincial governments) and requesters (e.g. media, business, lawyers, researchers, Members of Parliament and the public).
- Leads analysis of requested corporate records and requested personal information to apply suitable exemptions under the Acts and develops well-supported recommendations for the release or withholding of information.
- Conducts research of case precedents, legislation, policies, guidelines, and positions taken by other federal institutions, provincial governments, central agencies, as well as those taken by the Information and Privacy Commissioners to develop advice and recommendations on a wide range of ATIP matters.
- Administers the operational requirements associated with the Corporation's ATIP Office, including the case management reporting system for processing ATIP request, and recommends and develops efficiencies to the ATIP administration at CMHC.
- Administers established processes for the treatment of complaints filed by requesters with the Offices of the Information and Privacy Commissioners.
- Produces reports to comply with legislative requirements and those of CMHC and the Minister's office.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values
- Post-secondary education with a minimum of 3 years of recent and/or relevant work experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of the federal Access to Information Act and Privacy Act including regulations, policies and case precedents
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Corporate business lines and operations in order to represent the Corporation in dealing with external clients
- Excellent organization and research skills to maintain the efficient flow of activity despite uncontrollable and simultaneous demands
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated judgment, tact, diplomacy and strong negotiating skills
- Access to Information and Privacy certification or related experience in an area of increasing responsibilities, would be considered an asset.
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on August 27, 2018 however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
- A = Beginner Level
- B = Intermediate Level
- C = Advanced Level
- E = Exempt
- P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities