Agreement Management Analyst
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer unbiased housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations.
Bring your client service abilities, real estate knowledge and communication skills to this role located anywhere in Canada. Several positions are available.
These permanent positions are an exceptional opportunity to become a member of the Affordable Housing team, where you will be responsible for ensuring the effective management of federal social housing programs (co-operatives, non-profit organizations), in collaboration with the various stakeholders and partners involved.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Contributing to the strategic direction of the Assisted Housing sector.
- Ensuring that policies and procedures are followed and applied consistently.
- Analyzing the regional social housing portfolio to identify issues and potential problems or to react to emerging trends.
- Analyzing financial statements, budgets and other activities related to project viability.
- Ensuring appropriate risk awareness and the implementation of risk culture within area of responsibility.
- Working with the various business lines on the sustainability of the portfolio and the creation of new units, and providing advice and functional guidance to Affordable Housing Specialists on project/client follow-up to improve individual project viability.
- Reviewing and assessing applications for affordable housing program funding.
- Gathering and sharing business intelligence.
- Ensuring the accuracy of client files and data.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- Bachelor's degree in administration or social science and at least two (2) years of experience in financial or property management or in social program management, or any other combination of education and relevant experience.
- Thorough knowledge of social housing programs and Mortgage Insurance Fund (MIF) products.
- Knowledge of the risk posed by social housing projects in difficulty for CMHC, the MIF or the Minister's account, presented by the regions.
- Strong analytical skills to develop solutions and design tools.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to prepare briefing notes and recommendations.
- Ability to review financial statements and assess their viability.
- Ability to interpret program guidelines to ensure that maximum flexibility is used in their implementation.
- Comfortable with various computer tools and applications including the Microsoft Office suite.
Client Focus / Innovation / Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Communication / Efficiency / Decisiveness / Analytical Thinking
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive total compensation package
- Competitive annual salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Eligibility for performance bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career growth opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various on-site amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 p.m., ET, on March 13th, 2018; however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest; however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Please note that the official internal title for this position is Senior Operations Officer.
- This position requires bilingualism in French and in English, with the ability to read, write and speak in your second official language at an intermediate level.
- Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test https://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/upload/guide-second-laguage-proficiency-tests.pdf
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for reliability clearance.