Administrative Secretary / Reception | Secrétaire administrative / Réception
Primary Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Sector: Assisted Housing
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): BZC
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada’s authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer objective housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
To provide initial contact and referral services and to carry out administrative/finance duties for the Granville Island Office. To provide general information about Granville Island and provide bilingual services to clients if requested.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESULTS
- Receives clients at reception and answers all incoming calls
- Provides general information services about Granville Island and its business activity to the public and refers queries to appropriate staff for more complex inquiries.
- Opens the daily mail and arranges for same day or overnight delivery services, when required, and researches and provides advice on lower cost delivery options.
- Invoice entry into the property management system, submission of invoices to headoffice for payment processing, filing and reconciling invoices to payments
- Performs administrative, finance and other related duties as assigned. i.e. Collecting incoming cash, cheques and processing debit/credit card payments.
- Updates the telephone lists regularly.
- Provides short translations and assists CMHC staff in responding to francophone callers when requested.
- Responsible for various word processing tasks, including presentations and correspondence.
- Coordinates meeting room bookings, itineraries, and special occasion catering.
- Manages stationery orders, office supplies and postage meter account.
- Liaises with the suppliers of all office equipment including telephones, photocopier and printers regarding service calls.(may be)
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in French and English - oral and written (CHECK)
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy for cash handling, experience with cash register and asset
- Experience with handheld 2-way radio is an asset
- Proficient with MS Office, and MS Dynamics 365
- Knowledge of property management software SPECTRA is an asset
- General knowledge of administrative policies and practices
- General knowledge of Granville Island is an asset
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
- Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower salary range than is advertised for this position.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
- A = Beginner Level
- B = Intermediate Level
- C = Advanced Level
- E = Exempt
- P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities